Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What are the grips on the 66? Round butt? They look like rounded target grips.
    I'm not Stephanie, but a 66-1 would be square butt. My guess is that the former owner took the original target grips and rounded and refinished them, and did a pretty good job of it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The 66 is a square butt.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Nice trio Stephanie!
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'm not Stephanie, but a 66-1 would be square butt. My guess is that the former owner took the original target grips and rounded and refinished them, and did a pretty good job of it.
    That gives me an idea. I might try to find a beat to hell set and shape them to roundbutt.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ...My guess is that the former owner took the original target grips and rounded and refinished them, and did a pretty good job of it.
    That's exactly right.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Just picked my 13-1 up from my smith today. He did an action job, bobbed the hammer, and chamfered the cylinder. Looks great and the trigger feels even better. Now to brighten the front sight a bit (Testors florescent orange enamel over a white base coat), find some grips that fill my hand better, and get some leather for it. I'd like to shoot a match with it later this year just for shits and giggles.Name:  20200310_190101.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Just picked my 13-1 up from my smith today. He did an action job, bobbed the hammer, and chamfered the cylinder. Looks great and the trigger feels even better. Now to brighten the front sight a bit (Testors florescent orange enamel over a white base coat), find some grips that fill my hand better, and get some leather for it. I'd like to shoot a match with it later this year just for shits and giggles.Name:  20200310_190101.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  52.3 KB
    Looks great!

Tyler T-grip adaptor on those stock grips, all the way, with that gun.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Just picked my 13-1 up from my smith today. He did an action job, bobbed the hammer, and chamfered the cylinder. Looks great and the trigger feels even better. Now to brighten the front sight a bit (Testors florescent orange enamel over a white base coat), find some grips that fill my hand better, and get some leather for it. I'd like to shoot a match with it later this year just for shits and giggles.
    Might I suggest "traffic cone orange" nail polish over a white base? Easy to touch up, easy to change if you'd like to try a different color.

Nice 13, looks like a blued NY 64.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

This thread has convinced me to put the fake stag/T Grip grips back on my pre-15.

Watch the forsale list for a slightly used set of CTG Laser Grips.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Might I suggest "traffic cone orange" nail polish over a white base? Easy to touch up, easy to change if you'd like to try a different color.

Nice 13, looks like a blued NY 64.
    Thanks! I'd love to know the provenance.

User Tag List