Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    For retention shooting....I find this works well on both the range and having actually ten ringed a guy with it. The key is to find a lock point on YOUR body that you can lock your connection point from the forearm and wrist to. That is different for everyone.
    Is that a two-handed retention grip? I think all the retention shooting I've practiced has been SHO.

Obviously not a "standard" grip, and it looks like you have a slight cant to the pistol (although I guess that might be camera angle) but I see what you mean that it would be different for everybody.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    For retention shooting....I find this works well on both the range and having actually ten ringed a guy with it. The key is to find a lock point on YOUR body that you can lock your connection point from the forearm and wrist to. That is different for everyone.
    That grade of experience counts.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

IDPA-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I took this Model 15 to an evening IDPA-ish match. ("Ish" because it wasn't a sanctioned match.)

Truth be told, I had no idea what the matches were like. I went to watch. But I took my stuff with me. The match boss said "you need enough gear to shoot at least thirty rounds." I happily nodded, had that.

I don't remember my scores. I know I shot the second stage clean. Almost felt like humming the theme to Adam-12. I left after the second stage; I was pretty beat today.

I'd never shot such a match. It was fun. I'll do it again.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I took this Model 15 to an evening IDPA-ish match. ("Ish" because it wasn't a sanctioned match.)

Truth be told, I had no idea what the matches were like. I went to watch. But I took my stuff with me. The match boss said "you need enough gear to shoot at least thirty rounds." I happily nodded, had that.

I don't remember my scores. I know I shot the second stage clean. Almost felt like humming the theme to Adam-12. I left after the second stage; I was pretty beat today.

I'd never shot such a match. It was fun. I'll do it again.
    Where at?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Where at?
    Salem, CT. I found the match on Practiscore.

Cool, a fellow CT revolver lover! Haven't found many CT people here on PF.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I like the look of the grips. I shot IDPA using a M15 with some very hot loads (old revolver power factor required it at the time) for a couple of years back around the turn of the century. I got to EX class but could never beat the moon clip 45 ACP guys (there was only one revolver division in that era), but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I like the look of the grips. I shot IDPA using a M15 with some very hot loads (old revolver power factor required it at the time) for a couple of years back around the turn of the century. I got to EX class but could never beat the moon clip 45 ACP guys (there was only one revolver division in that era), but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
    I don't know if there are any prizes, but I won the revolver division as soon as I fired my first shot in the first stage.

Salem, CT. I found the match on Practiscore.
    Sweet, I haven't been there in a long time. I used to live in moodus.

Have you ever shot at Bradford in RI?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Sweet, I haven't been there in a long time. I used to live in moodus.

Have you ever shot at Bradford in RI?
    No, I'm only now getting back into match shooting. The club I shot at in MO was kind of a free-bird sort of place; the match directors designed their own matches with often little heed to any outside rules. For the pistoleros, it basically "shoot, have fun and don't do nothing unsafe." If you wanted to go full-gamer, fine. If you wanted to shoot stock guns, fine.

Now, getting picky about rules, that was left to the bench-rest boyos....

I was pretty tired and their third stage, low-light/flashlight was outside of my comfort zone. Given the juggling act that I do for reloading, adding in a flashlight seemed like too much of a reach for me. Now, if I had my 6946 with night sights.......

Anyhoo, the next match at Salem is 6/26, at 6PM (but wise to be there earlier). They fill up (they had one open slot yesterday, which is why I got to play), so if you want to come, you need to sign up on Practiscore. (The range ammo rules are for factory, brass-cased rounds only.)

Tell me more about Bradford, please.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-06-2019 at 05:02 PM.

User Tag List