Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping the VZs were larger. The rubber grips are too small for me.
    Perhaps a Pachmayr Presentation grip would work? These not only cover the back strap, but add enough material to remove some of the concave curve at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    For less than anything else I've purchased recently, a finish-challenged 6" Model 10-7:

Name:  10-7.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  53.4 KB

Timing and lockup are solid, no endshake. There is a turn line, but sort of faint. It looks like a gun that was fired some and then put away and forgotten about until it came time to inventory the original owner's estate.

I might not have bit at this, but I don't have a 6" Model 10. And it's not so old that I'll lose anything by having it refinished.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Got it home. There was bright orange rust under the grips, cleaned that up. With solvent and a copper pad, I got 99% of the rust off. The only worrisome point is that the rust may have screwed up rear of the sideplate, for the screw is frozen. Oil and patience may fix that.

The bore is mirror-bright. There is very little erosion in the chambers, and little flame-cutting of the top strap. I pulled the cylinder and crane; the bottom of the crane is in fine shape, which bodes well for the internals.

It appears to have been shot little and neglected a lot. I'll remedy both.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Outstanding find...congrats!

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    That 6" 10-7 would make a great field revolver. Some not-quite-+p loads for carry and a pocketful of lite wadcutters for plinking at targets of opportunity would be my plan.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    That 6" 10-7 would make a great field revolver. Some not-quite-+p loads for carry and a pocketful of lite wadcutters for plinking at targets of opportunity would be my plan.

Chris
    This would be a fine small game hunting revolver. My SIL has one that she is very proficient with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    For less than anything else I've purchased recently, a finish-challenged 6" Model 10-7:

Name:  10-7.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  53.4 KB

Timing and lockup are solid, no endshake. There is a turn line, but sort of faint. It looks like a gun that was fired some and then put away and forgotten about until it came time to inventory the original owner's estate.

I might not have bit at this, but I don't have a 6" Model 10. And it's not so old that I'll lose anything by having it refinished.
    It works

15 yards, which is hardly stretching its potential.

OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

I ordered a set of Thai combat grips from eBay for the 15-3.

They fit snugly. Haven’t shot with them, but the gun seems to point nicely.

Delivery time was 19 days.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-20-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Two really nice revolvers! Did you know that the USAF at one time had adopted the Model 15? The Beretta 92FS replaced it.

Stephanie you probably know this but Kroil gunsmithy oil is your friend and Brownells is where you get it.

User Tag List