Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomies View Post
    Any ideas on the marking electro-penciled into the side? Consensus from the retired LE folks working at my FFL was that it was too long to be a badge number, a strange place to put an inventory control number, and unlikely to be an evidence number.
    My guess: Case number. 16 for the year, 55 for a district/circuit/county number and then the file number.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-26-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Ordered two more 64 DAO's from SOG while they were on sale again last Wednesday. Received a 64-5 and 64-6, with the latter being in better condition. The 64-5 had what appears to be a crack on the frame directly above the trigger and just below the rear of the cylinder. The front of the cylinder was making contact with the forcing cone of the barrel as well. So it's going back and I will try my luck with an exchange and hope I receive a better one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Ordered two more 64 DAO's from SOG while they were on sale again last Wednesday. Received a 64-5 and 64-6, with the latter being in better condition. The 64-5 had what appears to be a crack on the frame directly above the trigger and just below the rear of the cylinder. The front of the cylinder was making contact with the forcing cone of the barrel as well. So it's going back and I will try my luck with an exchange and hope I receive a better one.
    Was that on a hand-pick?

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

If anyone got one on the wednesday deal and gets buyers remorse, I told a friend about them and she forgot to order one on the last wednesday they were available for the good price.

I got a 64-5 and it seems to not have any issues but I don’t know much. The lockup seems okay and the timing is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Was that on a hand-pick
    No, The other two I received were decent and the crack was pretty small but I decided to send it back anyway.

This damn thread....

66-3 from King's inbound. I figure that's a pretty damn cheap price for a p&r .357 since they ain't makin' no meaux
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

I picked up my SOG 64-5 a little bit ago:

Seems like a sweet gun. True DAO (can't cock it). The trigger is really nice.

I just picked up a 64 from SOG also. I went with a handpicked one. The finish was a little worn but the internals were tight and smooth.

Just got done shooting it. It was a pleasure to shoot. This was my first time shooting a K frame. I have plenty of N and X frames.

I can see how you could get hooked on K frames. I think this one is destined to have the front sight milled for a Novak cut for a fiber optic sight and IDPA revolver division.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I think this one is destined to have the front sight milled for a Novak cut for a fiber optic sight
    If you do so, I am curious about who you use, what it costs, and how it turns out.

User Tag List