Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Am I misremembering that Rugers arent exactly perfect in all examples either?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Am I misremembering that Rugers arent exactly perfect in all examples either?
    My redhawk was a trainwreck

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Remember the whole GP100/.44spl affair?

Per the Python post, I just don’t understand the whole “Factory Blem” thing. On a $70 buck lower? OK, I’ll bite. On a $1500 revolver? No.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Remember the whole GP100/.44spl affair?
    I haven't forgotten, for one. They all can turn out crap. What counts is how they deal with the crap. I don't have any real complaints on that score.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

No argument there. The whole idea of “QC” today is a tad perplexing. Since I have a brush attachment on my riding mower, I prolly wouldn’t last too long in today’s corporate culture.

Horizontal stabilizer spar on a 6mo old B737.....🤔. Cable in center supposed to be routed thru access hole at far right of pic.

Name:  8FC181AF-2D53-42D7-9695-4590FE52F169.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  58.1 KB

Just saw a Model 13-1 (so about 1974-76) 4-inch at the LGS. No visible wear other than a light turn line on the cylinder, although I haven't had it in hand yet. Original stocks. $775. I'm undecided at the moment, so this is your chance to weigh in. Two years ago I wouldn't have paid that much, but it's not two years ago.

I’d say that’s at maybe a $100-150 over previous. If it’s in good shape...I’d do it.

Look at it this way.....it’s over about the amount of a tank of gas right? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Just saw a Model 13-1 (so about 1974-76) 4-inch at the LGS. No visible wear other than a light turn line on the cylinder, although I haven't had it in hand yet. Original stocks. $775. I'm undecided at the moment, so this is your chance to weigh in. Two years ago I wouldn't have paid that much, but it's not two years ago.
    I just paid $500 for a mint 13-2, and it’s especially nice to shoot! Had I known it was as nice as it is, I would’ve gone a bit higher.

Name:  141EF03E-6348-4243-8A89-3B29320F09D0.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  50.1 KB

I drug my sorry butt out to a local IDPA match this past weekend. I made a lot of procedural mistakes and missed some shots I had no business missing, even so I took division first place. The other guy took second. I shot my DoC trade in 10-8. Pretty good performance from a $300 gat. The model 64 no dash is my backup that I’ve never had to break out. Two is one and all that jazz.

Name:  4FC646C8-F7AF-49FC-A165-75A27598DB74.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  66.2 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    I bought a 10-8 years ago and sent it to the S&W Performance Center for their Combat Revolver package and then ran it in IDPA for two-three years, (barely) making it to Expert in SSR. When I had eyes to do it, it'd shoot under 2" at 25 yards. They're great guns!

User Tag List