Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Did you get you Compacts yet? Did they fit OK?
    Amazon sent me the wrong ones. Thanks to jtcarm --> Malamute, I am getting a set.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I ordered a pair that leave the back strap exposed for my wife's smaller hand and they fit pretty good but i don't thing they would work well for magnums.
    Ha Ha, got a pair of those too, if anyone wants ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Amazon sent me the wrong ones. Thanks to jtcarm --> Malamute, I am getting a set.
    @Stephanie B, @Malamute

How’re the Pachs working out for you?

They do mitigate recoil well, but the Uncle Mikes (designed by Craig Spegel, BTW) do that and point much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    @Stephanie B, @Malamute

They do mitigate recoil well, but the Uncle Mikes (designed by Craig Spegel, BTW) do that and point much better for me.

Im a slug. I havent gotten Stephs out to her yet.

Life has been somewhat complicated of late. Im starting to see some daylight though.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

@Stephanie B, @Malamute

I don't see that they make the Uncle Mikes grips any more.

Uncle Mikes no longer makes the grips you speak of. You can find them on eBay or Gunbroker, but they are market price, and the kraton rubber tends to degrade and get a bit sticky by the time it's 20+ years old.
    Even NOS ones are subject to this.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Uncle Mikes no longer makes the grips you speak of. You can find them on eBay or Gunbroker, but they are market price, and the kraton rubber tends to degrade and get a bit sticky by the time it's 20+ years old.
    Even NOS ones are subject to this.
    Some of mine are 30+ years old and running fine.

That includes a pretty rough set on a former LEO Model 65 that had been carried a lot.

Some of mine are 30+ years old and running fine.

That includes a pretty rough set on a former LEO Model 65 that had been carried a lot.
    This is good news! My SB K frame set is 31 years old now, and has lost just a little of the semi gloss on the smooth parts.
    But I've handled more than a couple sets that were really starting to soften.

The RB J set I got from @OlongJohnson has a touch of stickiness, but they came from Houston, were quite worn, and are carried so frequently that the stickier outside gets worn smooth fairly quickly.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I told myself I'd behave this year.... but was spending this afternoon plinking at the local range - waiting around for my first child to arrive (he was due yesterday, Mom's getting inpatient, no major developments as of yet) and of course they had a Model 15 sitting in the case, in great shape for a price I couldn't pass up.
    I figured I would take a page out of @03RN 's book and buy my son his first K-Frame. I'll take care of it for him for a while, of course....
    Shown here with the M19 I picked up recently from @WobblyPossum
    Name:  20230105_162026.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  59.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    I told myself I'd behave this year.... but was spending this afternoon plinking at the local range - waiting around for my first child to arrive (he was due yesterday, Mom's getting inpatient, no major developments as of yet) and of course they had a Model 15 sitting in the case, in great shape for a price I couldn't pass up.
    I figured I would take a page out of @03RN 's book and buy my son his first K-Frame. I'll take care of it for him for a while, of course....
    Shown here with the M19 I picked up recently from @WobblyPossum
    Name:  20230105_162026.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  59.1 KB
    Congratulations!

Nice looking gun. My son is 4 now and we dryfire regularly
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List