Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Being an Idaho boy and a customer and longtime friend of Rob's I would say they are the Detective Model grip. I've owned a set or two on K frames. The checkering pattern and butt profile speak of the Detective model.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 03-05-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Being an Idaho boy and a customer and longtime friend of Rob's I would say they are the Detective Model grip. I've owned a set or two on K frames. The checkering pattern and butt profile speak of the Detective model.
    That is what they look like, but I have never seen them checkered like that.

I will call Rod later in the week when I have time.

Funny thing.

I went to the store for milk and a couple other items a bit ago. Grabbed the 2.5" M19 since it was handy.

I was getting ready to pay and was feeling around for what pocket my wallet was in, and what do I find..

I apparently was also carrying my J Frame. I had stuck my 442 in my front left pocket, which is a habit. I guess I simply forgot about that one.

Creature of habit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I thought they were Detectives.

But then someone else called them Shooting Stars.

Looking at pics on the web I don't know.

That said, "I know a guy"

His name is Rod.

Owns a little shop called Herrett's Stocks.

But it is the weekend, and I don't want to bug him, so I will give him a shout this next week and see what he says. Problem is every time I do, it costs me money!!
    I keep meaning to call them to get a set of these made so I have a spare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is there an end in sight? Totally K Frame addicted…. A 1954 2” M&P, a 1974 4” M-10 NYSP ,357 mag and a 1983 2.5” 19-5.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That M-10, per chance a recent acquisition? Great looking K's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Is there an end in sight? Totally K Frame addicted…. A 1954 2” M&P, a 1974 4” M-10 NYSP ,357 mag and a 1983 2.5” 19-5.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    That M-10, per chance a recent acquisition? Great looking K's.
    The M-10 came recently from woodlawn boys on GB. A great group to deal with!

A S&W 22 caliber Outdoorsman with King reflector front sight. The gun was shipped February 1935.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That is what they look like, but I have never seen them checkered like that.

I will call Rod later in the week when I have time.

Funny thing.

I went to the store for milk and a couple other items a bit ago. Grabbed the 2.5" M19 since it was handy.

I was getting ready to pay and was feeling around for what pocket my wallet was in, and what do I find..

I apparently was also carrying my J Frame. I had stuck my 442 in my front left pocket, which is a habit. I guess I simply forgot about that one.

Creature of habit I guess.

Lost River:

That is a gorgeous Model 19. As much as I like Spegel and/or Hurst stocks on a K frame, those Herretts are very appealing. Nice to see some guns with significant use on them.
    i
    All the best,

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by R89074 View Post
    A S&W 22 caliber Outdoorsman with King reflector front sight. The gun was shipped February 1935.

That looks like the most fun .22 ever made.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    CS told me that they're going to replace the gun.
    I got a call from the LGC this morning; they have my new gun. It's sort of snowing, so I'm not rushing down to get it.

At the moment, I feel a little underwhelmed. It's not "whoo-hoo, I got a new gun", but "man, I hope this one isn't also a pulsating handful of shit."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List