Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I assume that you have a replacement ejector rod on hand, no?
    I’m guessing my spare 686 ejector rod will. If not, I’ll get one from Numrich.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I have a very nice 6” M19, and a 2.5” barrel arriving in the today’s mail. I’ll have to decide if I want to molest a perfectly fine revolver to make a snub M19.

How did forum members come to own their vintage K frame snubs? Throw cash at them, got lucky, or had them for years?
    I had a 2 1/2" 19 ages ago, foolishly sold it, and recently decided to get another in a moment of affluence. I put a 2 1/2" barrel on a 19 that came with a 4", its OK, but not as concealable as a round butt and Id just as soon put the 6" barrel on it for general use at this point. I really like the Pachmayr round butt compacs on the K round butt grip frame. Not really a Pachmayr fan in general other than the compacs

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I assume that you have a replacement ejector rod on hand, no?
    It will need a center pin and the extractor rod if changing barrel lengths.

I’m guessing my spare 686 ejector rod will. If not, I’ll get one from Numrich.
    I dont know what Numrich gets for them and if they are new, but Midway has them as new factory parts for pretty reasonable, they have quite a few factory Smith parts, including some that for some reason the internet tells us arent available. I follow the general rule of small parts, particularly extractor rods, if you need one, get two, they're cheap, and you will save the shipping ad time lag next time if you ever need another. Dont forget the center pin if changing barrel/extractor rod lengths. The may need to be fitted a little to work their smoothest, but its pretty simple.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I have spare parts for all of my pistols, especially the older ones. The 686 extractor rod will work, but Numrich sells new ones for $14, and center pins for the same price. I’m not 100% certain I have center pin but it’s likely.

Money for the GB M19’s isn’t a problem, but I just wonder if it’s worth it. I already paid $675 OTD for the 6” model, $110 for the barrel, and whatever Dave Olhasso will charge to swap barrels, I might break even-ish relative to a round butt M19.

ETA I wanted a white outline rear sight blade for my 4” M19, so I bought the sight blade, 3 springs and detent plungers, a couple of extra windage screws and nuts, and even a few sight leaf screws. LOL!

Barrel just arrived! I don’t know if it was reblued, but the finish is perfect. Way more than I was expecting!

Name:  IMG_6790.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  28.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6791.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  32.5 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  42.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo sierra View Post
    The Eagle K frame square butt Secret Service grips work very well.

I discovered them after I round butted a mdl 15.
    Wouldn't you think that Smith & Wesson would have made the M15 2 inch in a round butt version...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo sierra View Post
    The Eagle K frame square butt Secret Service grips work very well.

I discovered them after I round butted a mdl 15.
    Just ordered a set yesterday for my M15 2 inch.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I regret having my Highway Patrolman cut down to roundbutt. Supposed to have been K profile, it really wasn't. A local guy took pity on me and made grips for it.
    I regret very few things in life but having a 4" Model 29-2 round-butted is near the top of the list. Fortunately, the guy who did it left it close enough to the standard profile that it still works well with Pachmayrs. They also cover up the butchery that I paid good money to have done.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Final Call for Barrel Swap

Dave Olhasso said he can swap the 6” for the 2.5” barrel I bought when he’s back in town this weekend. I’m only interested in carry pistols, so….HELP!

I stopped at the range an hour ago, and this was at 25 yards. Nothing spectacular, and I have two other 4” revolvers.

Name:  IMG_1730.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  38.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6815.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  25.5 KB

Dave Olhasso said he can swap the 6” for the 2.5” barrel I bought when he’s back in town this weekend. I’m only interested in carry pistols, so….HELP!
    Go ahead and put the 2.5" barrel on, but keep the 6" parts because in a couple weeks you might switch back.

Edit: or you could sell the whole gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Go ahead and put the 2.5" barrel on, but keep the 6" parts because in a couple weeks you might switch back.

Edit: or you could sell the whole gun.
    The shop owner said the exact same thing today. 🤣😳 Selling it and buying a Colt King Cobra Carry is on the table as well.

User Tag List