Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Well sometimes a K frame just happens to be sitting there... shouting your name when you walk in.... Yep that's what happened when I found my mod 66-8 and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I have a 10-8 that’s a real good shooter, who did the work on yours?
    Independence Shooting in Meridian, ID. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would share...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Sounds like you’ll fit right in.
    Thanks. I look forward to catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Biblethumpncop View Post
    I'm new here, but not to K frames. I currently only have two though... a birth year 15-3 that was so clean and like new when I bought it a couple years ago online, that they advertised it as possibly reblued. I got it for about $300 shipped, and my gunsmith opened it up and said the original oil had dried out and that it had not been refinished. Awesome action and I shot a 5 shot cloverleaf offhand at 15 yards double action with reloads. My friend's jaw dropped on the ground. I have a Herrett grip on it and it usually goes to the range when I do.

My other K frame is an old cop gun, 10-8 that I had a local gunsmith cut to 3" and slabside the barrel and add a dovetailed front sight. I have about $450 into the whole gun now, and it has a smooth action as well. I was going to qualify with it last year but chose a 3" model 64. I later sold the model 64. I also had a 2" model 15-3 which was neat but not as practical as either my 3" model 10-8 or my 4" model 15-3.

I hope to get a model 17 at some point, but until then, I'll just keep shooting my Colt Diamondback...
    Name:  IMG_9542.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  87.8 KBName:  IMG_7669.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  94.0 KBName:  IMG_9728.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  74.6 KB

Time to bring this thread back!

I was able to pick up a Smith & Wesson 64-2 from GB a few days ago. I was actually looking for a 3” or maybe even just a heavy barrel 4” model 10 when this little guy caught my eye. This is my first 2” K frame and so far I like of like it. I am working on make a holster for it because all I have at the moment are holsters for my 4” guns.

The grips have some nicks and aren’t pretty and there is some small surface rust spots here and there along with some scratches, but I wanted a carry/ shooter so it doesn’t really matter to me.

If I’m reading my 3rd addition Standard Catalog of Smith and Wesson correctly then this little fellow was built in late in 1983. It’s still nice and tight and will hopefully serve me for many years.

I just painted the front sight red, so that my old eyes can actually see it, so hopefully I can find a load that it likes to shoot and start carrying it as my EDC.

Name:  IMG_8228.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8227.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  60.2 KB

66-5 I couldn’t resist.

Name:  IMG_3486.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  57.7 KB

I was able to whip up a quick AIWB holster for my new 2” gat yesterday.

The JM Custom Kydex holster that I have for a K frame is for my 4” model 19. It works but it also has 2 extra inches in length that I don’t need. So until I get a new one ordered I decided to make a leather holster for the time being.

It’s kind of a prototype holster so it’s not pretty but it is functional. The DCC clips hold it secure on my belt so that it doesn’t shift around, and it sits low enough that it nice and secure and doesn’t want to tip out like some holsters do with small guns. I think I will probably add a muzzle pad or pillow at some point just for a little added comfort, but I’m going to wear it for a while to see how it feels once it actually breaks in.

And it still allows me the @03RN way of carrying my reload!

Name:  IMG_8230.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  55.8 KBName:  IMG_8236.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  35.5 KB

Made a slight adjustment to my prototype holster yesterday. Now it rides just right.

I had to lose the DCC clip because it would slip off of my belt and sometimes it would stay on the gun when I drew it. I also shaved off the bottom edge of the holster near the barrel so that it wouldn’t push into my leg so bad.

It isn’t pretty, but it’s comfortable and it works for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Made a new holster for my 64-2 2” and just finished it up today. I am hoping the DCC clips work, but if they don’t I will just put on pull the dot loops like I did on the prototype. I reenforced the mouth of the holster better than on the first one so it should help support it better and hopefully not allow the DCC clips to slip off the belt.

I wanted kind of an old school looking holster so that’s why I chose to stamp it with basketweave. I know it cant been seen but I will know it’s cool, haha.

I may end up getting a grip adapter and going back to the magna grips that it came with the Smith, I haven’t decided yet.

I had to file down the front sight to get it to hit with 158 gr swc, and 148gr wc because neither one was even close. It hit about 4-6 inches low at 15 yards. It’s crazy to think this gun is 40 years old and no one ever got it sighted in! I tried 120 gr federal punch and it was way low. So I think I will stick with wadcutters and semi wadcutters as carry ammo.

Anyway, I’m pretty happy with it so far and I will see how this holster works with it.

Wade

Name:  IMG_8315.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  102.1 KBName:  IMG_8313.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  102.0 KBName:  IMG_8316.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  73.3 KBName:  IMG_8312.jpg
Size:  42.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    Made a new holster for my 64-2 2” and just finished it up today. I am hoping the DCC clips work, but if they don’t I will just put on pull the dot loops like I did on the prototype. I reenforced the mouth of the holster better than on the first one so it should help support it better and hopefully not allow the DCC clips to slip off the belt.

I wanted kind of an old school looking holster so that’s why I chose to stamp it with basketweave. I know it cant been seen but I will know it’s cool, haha.

I may end up getting a grip adapter and going back to the magna grips that it came with the Smith, I haven’t decided yet.

I had to file down the front sight to get it to hit with 158 gr swc, and 148gr wc because neither one was even close. It hit about 4-6 inches low at 15 yards. It’s crazy to think this gun is 40 years old and no one ever got it sighted in! I tried 120 gr federal punch and it was way low. So I think I will stick with wadcutters and semi wadcutters as carry ammo.

Anyway, I’m pretty happy with it so far and I will see how this holster works with it.

Wade

Name:  IMG_8315.jpg
Size:  102.1 KBName:  IMG_8313.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  102.0 KBName:  IMG_8316.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  73.3 KBName:  IMG_8312.jpg
Size:  42.3 KB

Man that looks great!! Good work!! I would love to have something like that for my 3" model 65.

How are you carrying your reload?

User Tag List