Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I drug my sorry butt out to a local IDPA match this past weekend. I made a lot of procedural mistakes and missed some shots I had no business missing, even so I took division first place. The other guy took second. I shot my DoC trade in 10-8. Pretty good performance from a $300 gat. The model 64 no dash is my backup that I’ve never had to break out. Two is one and all that jazz.

Nice leather! Is that a Kramer Paddle?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I have really been jonesing for a 4” Model 10. I’d like to recreate my old PPC gun, and to that end I’ve been casually looking for a Bomar coverup rib to fit one of these - I really loved that revolver, even if it was a clapped out castoff by the time I got it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have really been jonesing for a 4” Model 10. I’d like to recreate my old PPC gun, and to that end I’ve been casually looking for a Bomar coverup rib to fit one of these - I really loved that revolver, even if it was a clapped out castoff by the time I got it.
    Reach out to Sokol. When I was having my 3" gun built he mentioned he had barrels laying around. I'm not sure if he meant he had PPC style barrels or the take offs from ppc builds.

Jgsales still has frames and guns.com had some $400 m10s in stock last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Reach out to Sokol. When I was having my 3" gun built he mentioned he had barrels laying around. I'm not sure if he meant he had PPC style barrels or the take offs from ppc builds.

Jgsales still has frames and guns.com had some $400 m10s in stock last time I looked.
    As much as I admire “real” purpose built PPC guns, my only competition revolver was a poors model. That’s what I want to recreate, because old man nostalgia.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice leather! Is that a Kramer Paddle?
    No. It’s a variation of an Andrew’s Leather McCormick that I added a couple of design changes to. That holster is at least 22 years old, it’s held up a lot better than I have over the past two decades.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I drug my sorry butt out to a local IDPA match this past weekend. I made a lot of procedural mistakes and missed some shots I had no business missing, even so I took division first place. The other guy took second. I shot my DoC trade in 10-8. Pretty good performance from a $300 gat. The model 64 no dash is my backup that I’ve never had to break out. Two is one and all that jazz.

Attachment 85861
    IDPA hates revolver shooters. The SOs are always tagging us with bullshit procedurals.

...The model 64 no dash is my backup...
    That poor 67 deserves for you to at least remember its name ;-)

Double taps today. Felt like a workout with magnums.
    Name:  IMG_20220311_133533.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  25.1 KB
    Best time today while keep them in the A zone at 7yrds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    No argument there. The whole idea of “QC” today is a tad perplexing. Since I have a brush attachment on my riding mower, I prolly wouldn’t last too long in today’s corporate culture.

Horizontal stabilizer spar on a 6mo old B737.....🤔. Cable in center supposed to be routed thru access hole at far right of pic.

Attachment 85842
    Holely shit!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Holely shit!
    Amen, Sister!
    I got chills looking at that one.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List