Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Didn’t mean to drift OT. My bad. Happy to give short synopsis with OP blessing or PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    That poor 67 deserves for you to at least remember its name ;-)
    Fat fingers and typing on my phone are a recipe for many mistakes.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    IDPA hates revolver shooters. The SOs are always tagging us with bullshit procedurals.
    Most of the SOs are completely ignorant of the manual of arms for revolvers. I’ve had muzzle called on me numerous times because the muzzle of my revolver was pointed over the berm during a reload. I’ve had “fencer” called because I place my right thumb through the cylinder window during reloads. I understand the ignorance and don’t mind dealing with that. What does bother me in the institutional apathy towards their own rules.

The last sanctioned match I shot had numerous arrays that were not revolver neutral. I pointed it out to the MD after the match and was told if I didn’t like it I could go shoot a match elsewhere. So the MD knew the stages weren’t revolver neutral and they were approved by IDPA HQ. I let my membership expire after that encounter. I’ll go out and shoot the local match as a social event but as far as I’m concerned IDPA in general can #Sand.
    Julius Caesar

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Didn’t mean to drift OT. My bad. Happy to give short synopsis with OP blessing or PM.
    About the 737? Spill!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Most of the SOs are completely ignorant of the manual of arms for revolvers. I’ve had muzzle called on me numerous times because the muzzle of my revolver was pointed over the berm during a reload. I’ve had “fencer” called because I place my right thumb through the cylinder window during reloads. I understand the ignorance and don’t mind dealing with that. What does bother me in the institutional apathy towards their own rules.

The last sanctioned match I shot had numerous arrays that were not revolver neutral. I pointed it out to the MD after the match and was told if I didn’t like it I could go shoot a match elsewhere. So the MD knew the stages weren’t revolver neutral and they were approved by IDPA HQ. I let my membership expire after that encounter. I’ll go out and shoot the local match as a social event but as far as I’m concerned IDPA in general can #Sand.
    Please explain the term "fencer" and why it's a violation.

I meant that tongue-in-cheek, though I consider most IDPA procedurals bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Please explain the term "fencer" and why it's a violation.
    It was another unfortunate result of fat fingers. It should have been “finger”.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I meant that tongue-in-cheek, though I consider most IDPA procedurals bullshit.
    Whoops! Sorry for the rant!
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    It was another unfortunate result of fat fingers. It should have been “finger”.
    <does not understand how any RSO could consider sticking fingers through the cylinder window while reloading as a safety violation...

Non-revolver schooled persons only in RSO positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    <does not understand how any RSO could consider sticking fingers through the cylinder window while reloading as a safety violation...

Non-revolver schooled persons only in RSO positions?
    When I first started in IDPA the revolver divisions usually exceeded the ESP divisions in number of shooter at the big matches. Many of the SOs, MDs, and ACs were revolver shooters even if they competed in other divisions. There was a pretty broad base of knowledge from competitors all the way up to IDPA HQ. Over the years that changed. Most of the newer SOs have little to no knowledge of how to shoot one, much less have any real knowledge of the manual of arms. That applies to IDPA HQ as well.

A few years ago there was a big match in Florida near a military base that had a lot of aircraft traffic near the range. The MDs didn’t bother to let the competitors know that the range rules forbade muzzles above the berm. Every single revolver shooter that was running a speedloader fed gun got at least one procedural from what I heard. That sort of disingenuous actions with no repercussions from the ruling body has turned me away from their game. /rant
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List