Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Name:  F9377700-04B2-494E-A72D-3D2BF75A3911.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  73.7 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That's a goodin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The next step is to open it up and check the internals. I’ll lightly grease the wearing surfaces. I might make it to the range this week.
    I didn't see any manufacturing debris. I stoned the bottom of the rebound slide and broke the corners with the stone.

But the next time I accidentally pull the hand off the trigger, I'm going to cut to the chase and open up a vein. Getting the hand's spring back into position and tensioned was a four-starred pitch-kitty. I figured out, after a lot of trial-and-error, that the best way to tension the spring was to push it with an allen key that fits inside the trigger.

(I was afraid that I had just made the proverbial "bag o' gun parts". Parts came off that don't come off older K-frames.)

The trigger feels a little lighter, now. I've got some snap-caps in it and I'll keep dry-firing it. Down the road,, I'll fit the lock-delete plug.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 09-07-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I took the side plate off my 340PD just to have a looksee. Got nervous immediately. Different but doable after I took a few minutes to figure out the new lock work. It was clean with no debris. Congrats on your new purchase!! Hope you have much enjoyment shooting the new “K”.

Lol, I did the exact same thing. And used the exact same solution on my 66

Site Supporter
    Question for you new 66 admirers. Any Idea why the wonder kids at S&W decided to go with a 2-3/4" barrel instead of the long standing, more popular 3" found on older versions of the K-frame? Did they just want to be different or was there a logical rational behind the slight chop job.

Dave

My unscientific guess is that the reason that people wanted 3 inch guns was because they wanted a full-length ejection rod. Since the new guns don’t lock up at the end of the ejection rod, they figured they could shave a quarter inch off the barrel length and still have a full length ejection rod.

On the other hand, if the barrel profile was a little sharper at the end, they might have gotten away with a 2 1/2 inch barrel and still kept the full-length ejection rod.

But I don’t know for sure.

Recent find... 15-3 from '69.

Left side is real nice, but it was in a sock drawer for too long on the right side - some bumps/pits.
    Light coat of oil and some TLC. Nice bore; hardly shot, it seems.

Inside, everything is really nice - the SA is stupid light, DA is super smooth.

Box of NyClads came with it...

http://instagram.com/p/CTkMbMfrIuw/

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Recent find... 15-3 from '69.

Left side is real nice, but it was in a sock drawer for too long on the right side - some bumps/pits.
    Light coat of oil and some TLC. Nice bore; hardly shot, it seems.

Inside, everything is really nice - the SA is stupid light, DA is super smooth.

Box of NyClads came with it...

http://instagram.com/p/CTkMbMfrIuw/
    Very, very nice. I have a 15-3, it’s one of my two “go shoot a USPSA/IDPA match” guns. (The other is a 686.)

I wish they still made Nyclads. .38+P SWCHPs would be the bomb.

I’ve dry-fired it a bunch of times, maybe 700 or so. Next step is to shoot it.

User Tag List