Page 58 of 76 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    But will they?

The only thing cheaper than an MBA who thinks they can save a buck is an MBA who thinks they can save two. Remington could have saved a ton on labor and still produced a worthwhile product with the local talent in HSV but they chose not to in lieu of saving as much money as possible. The question is if S&W will do the same.
    I fairness, Remington got royally by screwed by two holding companies that took on a ton of debt and left them to pay the tab.

I just got my cylinder back from Doug Phillips (DougGuy) on the castboolits forum.

I was having an issue with my Smith & Wesson 19-9 where my cylinder would completely lock up and wouldn’t even turn even when the cylinder was opened. I could only shoot less than 100 rounds before it was done. @03RN suggested that my throats might need to be opened up.

I sent the cylinder to Doug. He said at least 2 of the throats were .355 so he opened them up to .3585.

I just took the gun out, accuracy is way way better. It still gets a little sticky after 100 rounds of lead bullets, but it works. I ran another box of coated bayou bullets and it continued to run.

So it looks like I have a usable Smith & Wesson!

Thanks to 03RN and everyone else who suggested Doug.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I had a 640-1 that took a .359 gage pin in all its throats, and my GP100 MC takes .3585. They both leaded horribly with .357 Precision Delta wadcutters.

My M64s and M65 all took a .357 gage pin snugly in all the throats. I figured that is what you want throats to be if you're going to shoot .357 wadcutters.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Regarding the yoke issue, I have a friend who although he's retired now was a serious S&W revolver smith for a number of years. Late production S&Ws with the ball detente lock up frequently came into his shop with yoke problems so S&W may now be addressing that issue on every revolver returned. I don't know that, just speculating.

Also, the stuff I've read said the S&W revolver works was staying in Springfield, not moving to Tennessee.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I probably need to load up some. But I'll first need to do an inventory and see what I have for components. I have a Lee hand tool, because I lived where I couldn't set a proper bench. I was mostly making mouse-phart loads for my 442.
    Can you set up a bench now? If so, I have a press to give you.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Can you set up a bench now? If so, I have a press to give you.
    I can, indeed! (And thanks!)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I probably need to load up some. But I'll first need to do an inventory and see what I have for components. I have a Lee hand tool, because I lived where I couldn't set a proper bench. I was mostly making mouse-phart loads for my 442.

I have a couple hundred 148gr coated DEWC that came from SNS casting. The don't fit my needs and wants so I would rather use my precious primers on something else. If you want them, Pm me an address.

Here we go: Range trip #5!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Good luck

Huzzah!

It works !

More later.

User Tag List