Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Here we buy them off someone's table at a garage sale, cash and carry
    I know. In MO, it would have been 'here's yer cash, I'll take these guns."

Fucking universal background checks and registration suck. I had to keep talking the widow from turning the guns into the local cop shop.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What a great score. That bobbed 65...💕
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    @Stephanie B - Her late husband was a man of some taste.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Stephanie B - Her late husband was a man of some taste.
    These were just what he hung onto until the end. He had a *lot* of guns that he sold/consigned to a dealer before he passed. I would have liked to have seen his Martini-Henry .450/577 (I found some cartridges in his safe).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What a great score. That bobbed 65...💕
    Indeed. After I shoot it a little, my current 3" 65 is going into "spare gun" duty, as it has a hammer spur.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I know. In MO, it would have been 'here's yer cash, I'll take these guns."

Fucking universal background checks and registration suck. I had to keep talking the widow from turning the guns into the local cop shop.
    I wonder how many Connecticut widows walk into the local PD with a box of old Smiths and just say "I give up. Take this shit," rather than jump through all the hoops.

I loved in CT from 96 to 99 and I've never been as glad to put a place in my rear view mirror. I liked the bay area better.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Indeed. After I shoot it a little, my current 3" 65 is going into "spare gun" duty, as it has a hammer spur.
    That 3" Model 65 you scored is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I wonder how many Connecticut widows walk into the local PD with a box of old Smiths and just say "I give up. Take this shit," rather than jump through all the hoops.
    NY, MA, too. I cringe at the thought of some nice triple-locks going to a smelter or out into the ocean.

I can't begin to describe the machinations it took to buy some guns from a widow in CT, since she doesn't have a permit and her late husband did.

But it's finally done:

Attachment 49245

From the top: A 66-1, a 65-2 and a 19-4. Both the 65 and the 19 have despurred hammers that were not done by the factory. The 19 is a little soft in carrying-up on two cylinders.
    Technically, charge holes (though some say chambers). The 19-4 has the old style extractor with alignment pins; timing needs to be checked with snap caps or empties to properly assess, in case you weren't -- might turn out timing's okay.

A bobbed 3" 65 is my carry K -- they're Goldilocks.

Interesting mod to the target stocks on the 66.

Good haul.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

What are the grips on the 66? Round butt? They look like rounded target grips.

User Tag List