Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    That's a funny rugged looking K frame...
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    FIFY.
    Rugers are not without their issues too. Besides, a GP100 is bigger than a K frame. We need to go to the “OK. I’m a L Frame Addict. So sue me” thread so at least were talking about the same holster and speedloader sizes.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I tried both the SA and DA action before purchase and all seemed copacetic. Once I got home, it started having intermittent issues with the DA trigger locking up. I pulled the side plate and all seems normal, but I'm not a revolver guy so {shrug}. The hammer/trigger/sear all seem to be interacting normally, and after reassembling the innards the action was working properly before installing the sideplate and cylinder. Once the gun was back together I started having the same issue again...and it works fine in SA. If I use finger pressure on the cylinder CCW, taking pressure off the locking bolt, it functiosn fine. Is this a timing issue? Any wheelgun vets that can point me on what to look for?
    I had a 681 with similar intermittent DA problems that turned out to be due to endshake. One shim fixed it. How much back-and-forth cylinder play is there with the cylinder closed? Do you have feeler gauges you can use to measure it? What about b/c gap?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I tried both the SA and DA action before purchase and all seemed copacetic. Once I got home, it started having intermittent issues with the DA trigger locking up. I pulled the side plate and all seems normal, but I'm not a revolver guy so {shrug}. The hammer/trigger/sear all seem to be interacting normally, and after reassembling the innards the action was working properly before installing the sideplate and cylinder. Once the gun was back together I started having the same issue again...and it works fine in SA. If I use finger pressure on the cylinder CCW, taking pressure off the locking bolt, it functiosn fine. Is this a timing issue? Any wheelgun vets that can point me on what to look for?
    I'll dig out my copy of the shop manual and see if it has anything to say.

Is there any chance that the side plate has been warped a little from somebody in the past using a screwdriver to pry it off?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Rugers are not without their issues too. Besides, a GP100 is bigger than a K frame. We need to go to the “OK. I’m a L Frame Addict. So sue me” thread so at least were talking about the same holster and speedloader sizes.
    I guess that a 3" Security- or Speed-Six would do.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    How much back-and-forth cylinder play is there with the cylinder closed? Do you have feeler gauges you can use to measure it? What about b/c gap?

Zero play...measured the gap, .006".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Is there any chance that the side plate has been warped a little from somebody in the past using a screwdriver to pry it off?
    Checked sideplate against a flat surface, it's straight. Until I opened it up yesterday, I don't think the gun has ever been apart since the factory.

I investigated further this morning, noticed the cylinder stop wasn't dropping on the DA pulls that locked up. Tore it down and removed the stop, noticed a very slight amount of dried oil "smegma" on the stop. Cleaned it up and gave it a light polish, installed all the innards again and gave it a try...

All is well now, works like a charm. Amazing how just a miniscule amount of crud can affect function.

I’ve had “fencer” called because I place my right thumb through the cylinder window during reloads.
    What is "fencer"? Genuinely curious. I never heard that one during my brief time shooting IDPA.

Thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    What is "fencer"? Genuinely curious. I never heard that one during my brief time shooting IDPA.

Thanks,

Okie John
    Thought he said somewhere, it was a ducking autocorrect problem and was supposed to be “finger “. I was googling it earlier lol.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Thought he said somewhere, it was a ducking autocorrect problem and was supposed to be “finger “. I was googling it earlier lol.

Jason
    So what's the "finger" call about? Guess I never heard that one, either...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    So what's the "finger" call about? Guess I never heard that one, either...

Okie John
    No idea on that but one. I think it’s a penalty.

Jason

User Tag List