Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm a K-Frame Addict. So Sue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    @jtcarm, if they both end up at my house I'll send Steph a set.
    Ok, but with her run of luck, you’d better insure them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No shit. Maybe, just maybe, routinely carrying a 1911 has pissed them off.
    Stephanie, carrying a 1911 is never a bad thing. I carried them for about 30 years. Come to think of it, I've had a number of S&W revolver problems in the last few years...and one spectacular failure. Curiouser and curiouser.

Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Stephanie, carrying a 1911 is never a bad thing.
    I do like the LWC a lot. But with it warming up, the 66-8 would seem to be better for AIWB toting over a blued 1911.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I do like the LWC a lot. But with it warming up, the 66-8 would seem to be better for AIWB toting over a blued 1911.
    Hard Chrome and electroless (sp?) nickle are your friends. I carried Commanders and Officer ACPs with both finishes in the Southern Arizona Desert as a detective, as a training officer at the academy, off duty, and after I retired.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Hard Chrome and electroless (sp?) nickle are your friends. I carried Commanders and Officer ACPs with both finishes in the Southern Arizona Desert as a detective, as a training officer at the academy, off duty, and after I retired.
    I can see that. When I got this one, the sear pin and hammer pin were rusted.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Digging around in a box of miscellaneous crap, I found a set of Pachmyer Compact Professional grips. I think I bought them a couple of years ago for the snubbie 19, but I didn't put them in because it involved driving out the roll pin at the base of the grip frame. I was afraid of messing up the nickel finish.

So maybe these will work for the 66. Has anyone any experience with them?

Digging around in a box of miscellaneous crap, I found a set of Pachmyer Compact Professional grips. I think I bought them a couple of years ago for the snubbie 19, but I didn't put them in because it involved driving out the roll pin at the base of the grip frame. I was afraid of messing up the nickel finish.

I had them on my 66 for a while. They conceal great, but I found them to be less than ideal with the Buffalo Bore 38+P and .357 SB gold dots I carry now.
    I've been using the VZ Boot grips and find them to be a good compromise.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I was wrong, they are the Compact Diamond Pro grips.

I tried the Diamd Pros on a S&W M69 (L Frame 5 shot .44 mag) - they are narrow at the top driving the upper backstrap into the web of shooting hand. Filler behind trigger guard is not deep enough to protect against banging middle knuckle on trigger guard.

With that said, I put them on my 66-8. No problems with recoil, but they are small at the top and big at the bottom, rubber is very tacky and like all Pachy's are heavy.

Just my experience of course.

Paul

Ordered, thanks!
    Did you get you Compacts yet? Did they fit OK?

I ordered a pair that cover the backstraps from amazon and they did not fit well. They left a big gap in front where they come together. Had to send them back. I ordered a pair that leave the back strap exposed for my wife's smaller hand and they fit pretty good but i don't thing they would work well for magnums.

User Tag List