Thread: Flip Dot – A Folding Mini Red Dot

Site Supporter

Flip Dot – A Folding Mini Red Dot

I understand NC/VISIM is not the pinnacle of quality but this is still an interesting concept.

Not necessarily as a pistol optic but maybe as the future of Backup sights for long guns ?

Flip Dot – A Folding Mini Red Dot

Name:  IMG_1634.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  38.5 KB

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-mini-red-dot/

Neat concept. I'm envisioning a Ruger GSR with a conventional scope mounted in factory rings and this on the forward rail.

This might be neat on my 10/22 takedown.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I'd rather have a flip up rear sight that normally hides in a thicker Glock slide backplate or something.

I can see where it could have an application, particularly for a modern practical rifle or in some other role as a backup sight.

I'd like to see a 45 degree offset version for AR gaming.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I remember reading about a similar concept back in the early 90s....by C-More if I remember correctly. Milled into the slide of a 1911....flip up lens and LED were separate, I seem to recall. Seemed expensive and fragile, at the time, but I remember thinking that it likely represented the future. And here we are.

User Tag List