Thread: Beretta 21A Threaded Barrel

Beretta 21A Threaded Barrel

Since I started the process to get my first suppressor I've constantly toyed with the idea of suppressing my Beretta 21A. The issue was in finding a barrel. I missed a couple on Gunbroker and didn't want to buy an entire firearm. Finally I was able to find a company called XCaliber Firearms out of Mena Arkansas that carried them. It was a bit of a trick to get one but their customer service was top notch. I imagine that the group after these barrels is small but after my journey to get one I wanted to post some up to date information on where you can, eventually, get one. Their website is http://www.thesilencerstore.com/

Be advised, the barrel does NOT come with a thread protector. I will say again that their customer service is top notch though.

Now I have to find a press to get the retaining pin out so I can change barrels.

Do any of you have experience with installing barrels on a 21A that can help a noob out?

No experience, but this is an interesting thread.

I sent my 21A off to Mike Klos years ago to have the stock barrel extended and threaded. It was a neat little rig that I sometimes wish I hadn't sold. Not super accurate but totally James Bond cool. Would actually be somewhat useful now that the lasergrips for the 21A exist. I didn't want to have to deal with swapping the barrel once I figured out the press fit pin.

I bought a threaded barrel that was for an older version of the 21A. I had to radius the half moon locking lug a bit with a round file to fit perfectly. As far as installing it, taking out the retaining pin is easy if you remove the leaf spring. I saw a youtube video to learn how to do it.

User Tag List