Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch Mindhunter on Netflix

Anyone watch Mindhunter on Netflix

Started watching this yesterday and could be an interesting series. With so many LE guys on the forum, curious as to what you think. I obviously realize it's entertainment but shows that try to put some truth or realism generally are better. It's cool if it's pure entertainment but exploring the criminal mind is always interesting to me as a civilian.

So who's watched it and what da think?
    Last edited by Dismas316; 10-21-2017 at 08:35 AM.

I've watched the first episode so far, but intend to continue. Hostage negotiation had to start somewhere, and while this is fictional it looks like a pretty good story. It's a good view back to the Seventies when government wasn't much trusted.

Not a cop but I enjoyed it. I've always been intrigued by serial killers, the mindset of how a person can be so broken yet function in society with nobody being the wiser except people thinking they're weird. I grew up in the 80's and living in WA state Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer freaked me out as a kid.

I liked the older, salty, chain smoking FBI agent character. I think they could have found someone better to play the Holden Ford character but at the same time he's not terrible. I see they renewed it for a second season already.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I saw the whole series. I didn't read the book it was based on, but I've read others that covered the topic. It feels pretty authentic to me, but I'm not a copy and (fortunately) have no firsthand experience with this stuff.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Hi Risk Customer Services
    3 episodes in so far and am really enjoying it.

The West Coast detectives they show wearing tooled leather belts and rodeo buckles makes me happy ��

I watched the whole series and really liked it. I looked up each serial killer's wiki page and they did a good job in casting and stayed accurate to their crimes pretty well. I look forward to future seasons.

Really enjoyed season 1. Cant speak with any authority to the accuracy of historical detail in the show, and honestly, it's not a documentary, so I'm not concerned if they get something to the numbers correct. I thought it was very well made, with solidly acted compelling characters. Looking forward to future seasons and the teams dealing with what appears to be BTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Really enjoyed season 1. Cant speak with any authority to the accuracy of historical detail in the show, and honestly, it's not a documentary, so I'm not concerned if they get something to the numbers correct. I thought it was very well made, with solidly acted compelling characters. Looking forward to future seasons and the teams dealing with what appears to be BTK.
    It looks like it's based in the book of the same name in which it's based on John Douglas and how he began profiling serial killers while at the FBI. Apparently much of the dialog with the serial killers was taken from actual interviews with them. But to your point, not really a documentary. Pretty entertaining and doesn't hurt that some tunes from the 70's is thrown in quite a bit. 4 episodes in and looks like to be a good show.

They are showing the BTK killer in some random scenes when he was pretty young so it may take a season or two getting there.

It's been many years since I last read the book, but by my recollection, it is a pretty solid adaptation so far.

Very glad it is already reupped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's surprisingly funny (at least through the first seven episodes). When the older agent is describing the "rage of the married man" and Holden looks at him out of the corner of his eye, I laughed out loud while watching it on a train.

User Tag List