Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a bedroom pistol safe

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Somewhere along the line on this forum there was a thread like this, and I think it was. Ayre DocGKR or someone else that mentioned having one of these style safes stolen from their office with meds in it and recovered with the meds still in it. I bought two of the larger size ones in the last link and I’ve been happy with them. One each is “stashed” around the house, one of them built in to a piece of furniture.

I figure someone may make off with the safe, and I’d be unhappy about that, but the idea that they are as unlikely as possible to access the gun and use it against my family or someone’s else’s makes me feel better about the whole thing. I once had a shotgun stolen and the idea that the shitheads might use it against some other innocent still bothers me (although, my coo friend that investigated the VP crime told me it was far more likely they would use it to shoot another shithead).
    That was not me, but I am still extremely satisfied with these Ft Knox simplex boxes and use them daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    That was not me, but I am still extremely satisfied with these Ft Knox simplex boxes and use them daily.
    I use V-Line's "Brute" with simplex lock. I can get a G19, G17 and 642 in there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I use V-Line's "Brute" with simplex lock. I can get a G19, G17 and 642 in there.
    Blues is that all three at once?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Blues is that all three at once?
    Of course, otherwise I'd just have said it can fit a G17. You engineering types...

I keep the 642 in an Uncle Mike's # whatever, the G17 in the pared down RCS holster I use on the nightstand for the G17 with light affixed, and the G19 in one of those Remora holsters. Protects the guns and still fits with one layer of the pluck foam removed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Of course, otherwise I'd just have said it can fit a G17. You engineering types...

I keep the 642 in an Uncle Mike's # whatever, the G17 in the pared down RCS holster I use on the nightstand for the G17 with light affixed, and the G19 in one of those Remora holsters. Protects the guns and still fits with one layer of the pluck foam removed.

I have the V-line Brute as well. I keep a pair of Beretta 92's in it, both with Streamlight TLR-1's. I also removed all the padding and replaced it with a cedar board for the guns to sit on; with the foam installed, I found moisture build-up on the side of the guns facing the foam, even with the dessicant pack attached to the side of the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I have the V-line Brute as well. I keep a pair of Beretta 92's in it, both with Streamlight TLR-1's. I also removed all the padding and replaced it with a cedar board for the guns to sit on; with the foam installed, I found moisture build-up on the side of the guns facing the foam, even with the dessicant pack attached to the side of the safe.
    Nice idea on the cedar board!

Dessicant packs are a gimmick in safes. They're only useful in a sealed environment. Gun safes/lockboxes/RSCs are not airtight, so any moisture that is absorbed by the dessicant pack is replaced by fresh moisturized air as the moisture is absorbed.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Sorry I am so late in replying to the inquiries about my experiences with my verifisafe. My experiences have been identical to those of Gregfosterid. Never had a missed scan, a hangup, or a problem of any kind. I have programmed a finger on each of my hands, and my wife has done a finger on each of her hands. All the programs have worked perfectly the first time, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Fort Knox Personal Pistol Box

ETA: Wow, these now come with a certificate for a Front Sight 2-Day Defensive Handgun course
    I saw that too. I get the steel box that I WANT And a two day class. Oh Boy!

My kid is in Tucson, I could call it a vacation, then sneak away for two days. I then looked at an actual map and Front Sight is over a 7 hour drive away from his house, then the air came out of my ballon and I said that there are other training opportunities in AZ that won't waste that much driving time.

My brain was working quick there for a minute. Damn

Back to subject at hand. I NEED a good quick access box. I get a good deal on Gun Vault, but think that I need a Fort Knox or Amsec box.
    Last edited by Clay1; 01-17-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Bit of a late reply here (I'm new and scrolling topics hehe) : I've got this big boy safe on my bedside where all my rifles rest. I'm planning on upgrading to a bigger one with the same brand.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not sure if you've already picked out a gunsafe @LittleLebowski, but if you're looking for a skinny longarm safe I'd check out the SecureIt Fastbox. The Vertical Bundle is probably what you're looking for.

I don't think I've ever bought a standalone handgun safe but I've had a couple Ft Knox products in the past and I liked them.

User Tag List