Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a bedroom pistol safe

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not sure if you've already picked out a gunsafe @LittleLebowski, but if you're looking for a skinny longarm safe I'd check out the SecureIt Fastbox. The Vertical Bundle is probably what you're looking for.
    you have one of these? I wasn't familiar with them but it sounds promising.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Not sure if you've already picked out a gunsafe @LittleLebowski, but if you're looking for a skinny longarm safe I'd check out the SecureIt Fastbox. The Vertical Bundle is probably what you're looking for.

I don't think I've ever bought a standalone handgun safe but I've had a couple Ft Knox products in the past and I liked them.
    The Vertical Bundle is exactly what I need, was thinking I'd have to make it myself. Good find.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    The Vertical Bundle is exactly what I need, was thinking I'd have to make it myself. Good find.
    I have two of their Agile 52s and am extremely happy with them. I am sure you will like the Fastbox too.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    you have one of these? I wasn't familiar with them but it sounds promising.
    I don't have the Fastbox, but I have a pair of their Agile 52s. Wrote up a fairly extensive review here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....curity-Cabinet

Very happy with the company and their CS.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-14-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Site Supporter

I don't think I've ever bought a standalone handgun safe but I've had a couple Ft Knox products in the past and I liked them.
    Is the fast box deep enough to take an AR with a mag (20 or 30) in place ?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm not sure as I don't own one - they post the dimensions online however. The Agile 52 is certainly deep enough for an AR with a 20rd mag so if the depth is comparable I would say yes.

Give them a call if you can't find the answer online - I found their customer service to be pretty helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There’s a video review on the Fast Box page that says it will fit with a 30 rd mag in place

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Way out of my lane, but I purchased on of these Residential Storage Containers last year.

Hayman DV-3019.

https://www.haymansafe.com/Dynavault.html

Features include:

Residential Security Container (RSC) Burglar Rating.
    Heavy 11 Gauge Body
    Solid 1/4" Steel Door w/Drill Resistant Hard Plate
    Tri-Spoke handle.
    (2) Adjustable Shelves.
    2 pre-drilled mount holes.
    3 way boltwork extends bolts on three sides of the door to give full protection with dead-bolts on the fouth side.
    Off white powder coated finish.
    Triple layered hard plate with spring loaded re-lockers.
    75 minute fire rating at 1200 degrees F.
    Auto Bolt Detent.
    1-1/4" Chrome Plated boltwork locking mechanism

I’m no expert for sure but this was quite a bit more than I originally envisaged paying. (About $1,400).

It is fairly heavy, but we were able to arrange a move recently. I’m glad we got the biggest model as it seems to have filled up quickly. I don’t store long guns so did not need a tall cabinet. I’m happier with this vs. say the ‘safes’ I saw at Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sooooo...I’m informed we will most likely not be moving this RSC with us when we get out of our Apartment next Spring. I am meant to replace it with two smaller safes/RSCs that will be stacked as his/hers that we can move ourselves. (the DynaVault is great but after having to have it moved each time we want something smaller).

So, specs are:

- Around 0.8 to 1.0 ft cu
    - Cost less than $250 ea ($500 total)
    - Acceptable security (proof against a sketchy seven year old armed with a popsicle stick, say)
    - Fire rated desirable but not required
    - Electronic entry is ok since this is not a bedside “I need my gun right now” use case

Anything along these lines spring to mind? I’ve looked at the thread again and those Verifi Safe Biometrics look interesting.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-20-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sooooo...I’m informed we will most likely not be moving this RSC with us when we get out of our Apartment next Spring. I am meant to replace it with two smaller safes/RSCs that will be stacked as his/hers that we can move ourselves. (the DynaVault is great but after having to have it moved each time we want something smaller).

So, specs are:

- Around 0.8 to 1.0 ft cu
    - Cost less than $250 ea ($500 total)
    - Acceptable security (proof against a sketchy seven year old armed with a popsicle stick, say)
    - Fire rated desirable but not required
    - Electronic entry is ok since this is not a bedside “I need my gun right now” use case

Anything along these lines spring to mind? I’ve looked at the thread again and those Verifi Safe Biometrics look interesting.
    I'd always go with the Fort Knox pistol box
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I have been incredibly satisfied with my Fort Knox Box. Used daily. I expect the Simplex will wear out eventually, but likely around the time I do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I have been incredibly satisfied with my Fort Knox Box. Used daily. I expect the Simplex will wear out eventually, but likely around the time I do as well.
    Which model do y’all have?

How many Glock 19s would comfortably fit inside?

User Tag List