Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CCW in modern healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Totally understandable.

Just as a FYI. Most MRI machines you will encounter are 1.5 Tesla magnets. Less common are the 3 Tesla magnets but there are plenty of them. The higher the field strength the more powerful the magnet. Few and far between (about 40 world wide) are 7 Tesla MRI machines. 7 Tesla magnets are usually only found in research facilities and are not a high throughput scanners. The field strength is so high it interferes with human physiology. It typically takes in the neighborhood of 30 minutes to slowly get a patient into the bore of a 7 T magnet. Movement through the field can easily induce nausea & vomiting. The same taking the patient out of the bore.

Some folks report problems from 3 T magnets and there probably are a few out there who say/think they feel the effects of a 1.5 T magnet. Now a person like that may want to avoid a high magnetic field yet would have to endure the field effects if their doctor felt MRI imaging was needed. Just saying.
    When I was working and servicing MRI's, company policy was no more than 30 minutes per workday inside the bore of the magnet. Pivoting rapidly on my feet while standing near the magnet would sometimes make me dizzy. And the 3T's would try to grab my glasses. The 1.5T's were nicer. 😄

Most folks that have issues with MR's involve claustrophobia. I've seen seen some huge people fairly vault out of a magnet.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Totally understandable.

Just as a FYI. Most MRI machines you will encounter are 1.5 Tesla magnets. Less common are the 3 Tesla magnets but there are plenty of them. The higher the field strength the more powerful the magnet. Few and far between (about 40 world wide) are 7 Tesla MRI machines. 7 Tesla magnets are usually only found in research facilities and are not a high throughput scanners. The field strength is so high it interferes with human physiology. It typically takes in the neighborhood of 30 minutes to slowly get a patient into the bore of a 7 T magnet. Movement through the field can easily induce nausea & vomiting. The same taking the patient out of the bore.

Some folks report problems from 3 T magnets and there probably are a few out there who say/think they feel the effects of a 1.5 T magnet. Now a person like that may want to avoid a high magnetic field yet would have to endure the field effects if their doctor felt MRI imaging was needed. Just saying.
    I once killed a mouse by doing a scan long enough to raise their body temperature by 5° C in 10 minutes...good ol' 16.4T magnets.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-01-2017 at 07:14 AM.

In light of the MRI discussion...
    https://twbrandsgear.com/collections/non-metallic

I carry a G19 in a Brave Response holster wearing dress slacks and a button down shirt. (The shirt tucked in although a little big.) I don't work for these guys and I'm not trying to sell you on it but I love it. It might work for your situation. It's not exactly a belly band, it has a little more structure. I'm not a small guy and I have a pretty good size gut.

Here's a link to his web site. http://www.brshooting.com

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've never seen these in person, but it seems like something that may work under scrubs

https://2aholster.com/product/litepath-chest-holster/

I gotta say that carrying/not carrying in a locked psychiatric hospital has really changed my perspective of printing. I normally wouldn't care to much and have been carrying full sized guns aiwb with nearly 0 printing on the outside. Direct PT care, codes where PT's are restrained and hospital policy have all given me a lot to think about.

At least I don't have to wear scrubs.

And at least I have 27 years of martial arts, wrestling, and powerlifting to help me out.
    Last edited by 03RN; 11-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjweinheimer View Post
    I carry a G19 in a Brave Response holster wearing dress slacks and a button down shirt. (The shirt tucked in although a little big.) I don't work for these guys and I'm not trying to sell you on it but I love it. It might work for your situation. It's not exactly a belly band, it has a little more structure. I'm not a small guy and I have a pretty good size gut.

Here's a link to his web site. http://www.brshooting.com

I'm seeing a lot of Derp on their site. Soft holster which collapses so you can't re- holster and the thumb break strap being run behind the tang which interferes with acquiring a proper grip.

Not to mention their pimping their "muscle memory" shooting method class.

SCT PISTOL DEFENSE IS A NO SIGHTS MUSCLE MEMORY SHOOTING TECHNIQUE. IT IS NOT POINT SHOOTING. IT IS HOWEVER, THE MOST REVOLUTIONARY TECHNIQUE TO COME AROUND FOR DEFENSIVE SHOOTERS SINCE THE WEAVER STANCE. IT DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU ARE A 50 YEAR FIREARMS HANDLING PROFESSIONAL OR IF YOU HAVE NEVER HANDLED A GUN BEFORE IN YOUR LIFE, AFTER 6 HOURS WITH US, YOU WILL BE TRANSFORMED INTO ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE SHOOTERS AROUND… GUARANTEED. IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE US, COME TRY IT OUT AND IF YOU’RE NOT HITTING GOLF BALLS OUT TO 21FT WITHOUT THE USE OF YOUR SIGHTS WE’LL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK RIGHT THERE ON THE RANGE.
    No thanks.

A better soloution would be the Flex from Keepers concealment It's a belly band with a Kydex holster retained in the pocket of the belly band by Velcro. You can swap out different holster inserts.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-25-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of Derp on their site. Soft holster which collapses so you can't re- holster and the thumb break strap being run behind the tang which interferes with acquiring a proper grip.

Not to mention their pimping their "muscle memory" shooting method class.

No thanks.

A better soloution would be the Flex from Keepers concealment It's a belly band with a Kydex holster retained in the pocket of the belly band by Velcro. You can swap out different holster inserts.
    I don't wear it to the range so I typically don't need to reholster my firearm. I have kydex as well. That is a good looking system, thanks for sharing.

User Tag List