Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck Guns

There's often an AR in my truck, but moreso during the fall and winter months (hunting season). I've got locking storage under my back seat, truck is tinted and I live in a low crime area. If I'm on a road trip I bring along my 11.5" BCM "Pistol" and it rides shotgun unless I've got a passenger. It's just a more capable tool should the need ever arise.
    Shoot more, post less...

No.

I work for a school district

Never lock my truck

If there is a long gun, it is hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep a weapon in the vehicle sometimes. I had a friend who owns a car stereo shop fabricate a space for it using fiberglass and plywood. It's not in view and only I know how to acess it. Not the fastest to get to, but I could access it from the drivers seat in a pinch. Even if my vehicle were stolen the car would need some serious disassembly to locate it. Luckily I drive a car that's almost never stolen. You will never see it on a top 10 list.

It's good for what I use it for and it's secure. If I need some side money I could probably fit about four kilos in there as well. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I keep a weapon in the vehicle sometimes. I had a friend who owns a car stereo shop fabricate a space for it using fiberglass and plywood. It's not in view and only I know how to acess it. Not the fastest to get to, but I could access it from the drivers seat in a pinch. Even if my vehicle were stolen the car would need some serious disassembly to locate it. Luckily I drive a car that's almost never stolen. You will never see it on a top 10 list.

It's good for what I use it for and it's secure. If I need some side money I could probably fit about four kilos in there as well. [emoji16]
    That sounds like a great way to get to spend a few hours in secondary inspection at one of the Border Patrol checkpoints I pass through every week or two.
    Even if you showed them the compartment and how to access it they'd still spend the next few hours looking for the rest of the hidden compartments...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That sounds like a great way to get to spend a few hours in secondary inspection at one of the Border Patrol checkpoints I pass through every week or two.
    Even if you showed them the compartment and how to access it they'd still spend the next few hours looking for the rest of the hidden compartments...
    Haven't been through a border checkpoint as long as I've been on this earth and probably never will. I'm in bad juju if a dog hits on my vehicle and I would never give consent to search anyway. Regardless the weapon I keep in my vehicle is probably more secure than any weapon in my house. It's hidden secured storage in a vehicle that's probably better than most alternatives available.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1. No. (This assumes we mean a dedicated weapon, that remains inside the vehicle much or most of the time. My truck is for transportation, not storage.)

2. Not applicable, as #1, above, is “No.”

I don't see myself leaving a firearm in my POV on a regular basis. But if I was going to do so it would be in something like this:
    http://www.truckvault.com

Or this:
    https://www.pro.tuffyproducts.com/c-...t-storage.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm almost always in very remote rural areas by myself and there are some days I can go several hours without seeing another person. The days when I'm well south of I-10 in west Texas and southern New Mexico the people I do see are often the kinds of people I want to avoid if at all possible and are the reason I carry a rifle.
    I also have a case of bottled water, multi-day bug out bag, satellite phone and Level IV plate carrier for when I'm headed into certain areas south of I-10.
    This is why I posted the above...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I live in the Mid-West and police in an urban environment. For me, the concept of a truck gun doesn't have enough merit to counter the potential theft risk. But I do travel by car to go on vacation or to meet up with my wife who is a travel nurse. So for those trips, I do toss an AR in the trunk. Basically the same setup as I would use on my Patrol Rifle at work.

Reading the comments posted by JodyH and the area in which he frequents causes me to think about the concept of a truck gun as it would relate to those living near the border. Or various other places that are remote and have a history for lawlessness. There are areas within a one take trip to me that are popular with hiking and camping. And also known for robberies and sexual assaults.

Maybe a new topic on the concept? Long gun and pistol choices and setups. Accessory gear that you keep to go with the guns. Any interest...?

User Tag List