Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer and the 320 debacle

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Wanna bet that the 320 drop fired way back in the FBI trials?
    How much? I bet we can find out. I'd take twenty bucks of that action.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Didn't the FBI fail the 320 for magazine failures when dropped? Base pads popping off, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Didn't the FBI fail the 320 for magazine failures when dropped? Base pads popping off, etc?
    I do not know enough to comment on that with any authority, but it was my understanding that the more rigorous nature of the .mil drop test (higher height, bare concrete vs hard rubber covered concrete, more & different orientations) is what prompted the redesign.

I do not know enough to comment on that with any authority, but it was my understanding that the more rigorous nature of the .mil drop test (higher height, bare concrete vs hard rubber covered concrete, more & different orientations) is what prompted the redesign.
    Military drop test is from the height of an Abrams tank while the SAAMI test is something like 6ft.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    i'm not sure i want to be on the range at the same time as someone who cannot behave on a simple internet discussion forum.
    I agree. I’ve run into that particular individual on Sig Talk as well. His sole purpose seems to be to troll and cause trouble. I ended up getting yelled at for calling him a troll lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As the OP- do I get a free year membership for starting a thread resulting in a rage quit?
    I really do appreciate the other comments on this thread- my main curiosity was if PF people had already forgiven and forgotten. It's never been about the pistol malfunctioning to me, it's always been about the way it was handled.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    YOU WIN.....STICK YOUR FORUM UP YOUR ASS........ HOW'S THAT NOW BAN ME.......
    At this point I raise a practical question, does this mean we're not going to do Stonehenge?

At the risk of bringing us back to the original topic, I'm really digging my P320. I bought mine over two years ago as a tool to teach others to shoot. The caliber and very small option in the grip frame made the gun very new/weak shooter friendly. I rather abused my copy, not cleaning it or lubing it until it had over 2,000 rounds, without a single hitch. In July, it suddenly became a carry option for us.

Hmmm, maybe not longer a range tool. Once it had over 2,000 rounds, I lubed it and kept shooting it. I now have over 2,500 rounds through my copy and I managed to finish 7th at this past weekend's Rangemaster Instructor Reunion. The gun is way more accurate than I am and makes me look like a better shooter than I am. The gun is reliable - for the love of god, it looks like a septic tank was drained in the action and it still runs like a champ.

Sig went out of their way to design a gun with a great trigger. They obviously pushed the envelope too far and are having to walk back the design but the consensus is that it's a good, shootable trigger, even after the upgrade. I wish that Sig was the only company who had engaged in the questionable business practices we've seen but almost every company out there has turned out problematic product that had to be fixed.

Right now, I'm using my copy as an off-duty gun. I find the compact frame with full-size slide a lot easier to conceal than my P220ST with 8 round magazines. I appreciate the fact that it weighs less as well. My 320 will be going in for the upgrade and will be my off-duty gun. If I like the 45 ACP version, I'll probably go to it for duty carry. I would brag that I qualified with it today and shot 30/30 but that would be like bragging about first place in the Special Olympics.
    Last edited by John Hearne; 11-15-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Goodness. Awkward. After our last argument on another social media venue about my "bullshit gotcha questions" around what Sig knew and when did they know it, I really lost interest in further dialog with you on that. I'd not want to get bonded into a transaction with you directly, win or lose.

But I posted that, so let's see . . . what can we work out?

I wouldn't accept any industry shill's word for shit.

The trooper's lawsuit may peel the onion. Unless the possible settlement seals that up. Stuff may gradually leak out. We'll eventually know but that could take some time. How to speed that up . . . ?

The FBI trials report of test results, sent to Tom to assess would do it. Drop fired or not, I'll extend my site supporter two years if he gets that to clear the matter up. I never have to see it. His word is good.

With your industry connections, who knows?

That's the only wager you get from me. That documentation and I will extend my PF site supporter two years.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Goodness. Awkward. After our last argument on another social media venue about my "bullshit gotcha questions"...
    Goodness. Awkward. That you'd drop that mention without the context that I did, in fact, write those very words...after hearing my FB notifications chime a steady *bing, bing, bing* because you wanted to hammer this stuff out RIGHT NOW.

On my personal FB wall.

At nine or ten o'clock on a weekend night.

And when I said that I didn't feel like dealing with "bullshit gotcha questions" because I was busy drinking and playing computer games with friends like normal people do late on weekend nights, you blocked me. And are obviously still nursing a pretty serious grudge months later, which surprises me.

But, hey, you're the one who dragged part of it into this forum, so I just hauled the rest in.

User Tag List