Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer and the 320 debacle

Sig Sauer and the 320 debacle

It’s been around 3 months since the P320 issues were a hot topic here and across the internet.
    Many swore off the Sig, perceptions of the company were either changed or confirmed.
    I was looking through some old threads and was wondering what the PF community thinks now almost 90 days later.

Is Sig still a pariah or have people calmed down?
    Last edited by holmes168; 10-19-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Mine got sent in this week. I’ll shoot them when they get returned.

I'm heavily invested in classic P-series Sigs. I also have 2 P320s that are waiting on shipping labels. While I'm disappointed in some of the garbage that Sig has put out, I'll keep shooting their pistols.
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-19-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

As big of a fan of the classic P-series as I was, the 320 kerfuffle was just another nail in the coffin for me after more than a few poor experiences.

But dammit that MPX is fun as hell.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I would buy some older used P22X series guns but the way Sig handled the whole P320 situation makes me not want to buy any new guns from them. If they had done a recall and admitted there was a problem it would have been forgotten and forgiven by everyone.

I swore off Sig long before the 320 debacle.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I would buy some older used P22X series guns but the way Sig handled the whole P320 situation makes me not want to buy any new guns from them. If they had done a recall and admitted there was a problem it would have been forgotten and forgiven by everyone.
    I agree completely. Though from some similar discussions on other forums I frequent, it seems we are very much in the minority in this. So many consumers just don’t really care about true quality or a company’s business practices. I love Sigs and really wish they could be what they once were, but no more new ones for me. I traded away my P320 for a G33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think people on the internet tend to get wrapped around the axle over these things all too often. The P320 isn't junk and shouldn't be sworn off. It had some issues and SIG is addressing those. Give them a chance to work it out.

Most internet gun folks now love and rave about the "Classic" SIG pistols, especially those with triple-serial numbers that were marked "Made in W. Germany." While those guns were, and are, great pistols, they weren't without teething problems as well. Talk about drop safe? Here you go:

http://www.odmp.org/officer/16325-of...enneth-paderez

That particular pistol was a spurred-hammer style original P-220, that in a freak incident, caught on video, killed its owner.

Twenty years from now when SIG introduces something else it will be suspect and the internet will be raving about what a great pistol the P320 was.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I think people on the internet tend to get wrapped around the axle over these things all too often. The P320 isn't junk and shouldn't be sworn off. It had some issues and SIG is addressing those. Give them a chance to work it out.

Most internet gun folks now love and rave about the "Classic" SIG pistols, especially those with triple-serial numbers that were marked "Made in W. Germany." While those guns were, and are, great pistols, they weren't without teething problems as well. Talk about drop safe? Here you go:

http://www.odmp.org/officer/16325-of...enneth-paderez

That particular pistol was a spurred-hammer style original P-220, that in a freak incident, caught on video, killed its owner.

Twenty years from now when SIG introduces something else it will be suspect and the internet will be raving about what a great pistol the P320 was.
    A very sad and tragic event. Not to downplay the tragedy, but I wonder if he manually lowered his hammer, as opposed to using the decocker. Doing so on the older P series would not rest the hammer on the proper stop. Even so, why wouldn’t the firing pin safety prevent this?

I'm a fan of the classic P-series and will keep those but I did jump in with both feet with regard to the 320. Spent quite a bit of money on a few of the variants, RX included, grip modules etc. The way Sig handled this was pretty disappointing to say the least. I for one will not buy another sig unless it is a P-series and I already have all of those anyway.

I've been patient with sig, it's not just the 320 that has been disappointing but I've had multiple issues with the 938, my 14 round mags for the 227 are garbage and have ftf issues. All that said, the bottom line for me is there are fortunately to many other quality firearms, especially sf pistols that are as good or better than the 320 now. Since their debacle, we've seen the gen 5 launched, CZ P10c, (just prior) and now the M&P 2.0. Sig is really fortunate to have the contract with the Army, otherwise their sales to the civilian market are getting left behind by everyone else.

I'm going to wait until I get mine back for the "upgrade" but leaning heavily to selling them when they are returned.

User Tag List