Thread: Rare Beretta 92GD, Matching number on slide,barrel,and frame?

Rare Beretta 92GD, Matching number on slide,barrel,and frame?

So I posted a thread a little bit ago about a Beretta 92GD I found for sale. Its a 92G converted to D for a police department by Beretta. VERY rare. Un-issued and brand new inside. I got it for $450. Anyway taking it apart today i noticed it has the last 4 digits of the serial number on the slide barrel. Is this normal? Were these matched on purpose for certain reason? Also my Locking block has a "C" on it, not too familiar with that. It's a 1999 so im not sure what generation it is.

Last edited by azerious; 11-18-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Yes, very rare gun for sure. I forget the reason they built them that way. It may have been before they had a "D" model slide. I would guess the serial number thing was for the agency they built them for, so they put the right parts back with the right guns. I have seen that issue in the US military at a cleaning table. As long as I get parts back on my frame, I am good and can turn in my gun. Who cares if I have a slide will 20K, a frame with 2K and barrel with 5K of rounds through them. I mean parts interchangeability and all.

I am pretty sure that is a 2nd generation locking block. Only a little better than the original as they went too far with the radius cuts in the corners. It also likely has a round plunger. If you were going to shoot that gun a lot, I would switch out to a new 3rd gen block.

Also, that gun could easily be converted to a DA/SA gun with just a few parts.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 11-18-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    EL- can you elaborate on the “round plunger”?
    All of my Beretta 9Xs have a plunger that has a round cross-section... is there a newer variant?

Thanks for the reply! I will convert it ASAP. I started last night but didn’t realize they remove the sear spring and pin so I had to order those. I’ll swap out the locking block as well. Internals are immaculate and it’s really neat seeing such a clean 1999 model. Plus it has a Straight dustcover WITH a radius cut and 92G slide. Awesome pistol!

I would assume this has a “D” spring but for future reference is there a way to differentiate between a D spring and normal hammer spring when they are side by side?

User Tag List