Thread: AAR: CTT Solutions (Mike Pannone) 2-Day Advanced Pistol, Oct 14-15, 2017

Post AAR: CTT Solutions (Mike Pannone) 2-Day Advanced Pistol, Oct 14-15, 2017

All,

A comprehensive AAR of my experience at Mike Pannone's 2-Day Advanced Pistol class has been posted at my blog...

http://wp.me/p6gwfx-28b

Short version: Awesome class, really what I needed right now for my current skill level (average), train with Pannone if you get the chance!

John

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    All,

A comprehensive AAR of my experience at Mike Pannone's 2-Day Advanced Pistol class has been posted at my blog...

http://wp.me/p6gwfx-28b

Short version: Awesome class, really what I needed right now for my current skill level (average), train with Pannone if you get the chance!

John
    Great synopsis. Are you sure you didn't mean 25 yards instead of 20?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Great synopsis. Are you sure you didn't mean 25 yards instead of 20?
    No, it was the 20 yard line. Not sure why he chose that distance instead of 25, but that’s what we used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great write-up! I'd been thinking about Pannone for next time I can afford a class, so this was very helpful. Hope the dude who brought his handloads didn't slow things down too much
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

It was an excellent class for sure. I agree with the statement that it's a "PhD level" course and I improved greatly. I look forward to training with Mike again in the future.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Hammertime
    Thanks for the write up. It reinforces my desire to take his class.

This is gold:
    “Pannone also discussed the process of presenting a pistol and firing a shot in terms of time and pools of time, highlighting which parts of the shot sequence were active vs passive. He explained where it was appropriate to make up time and where going faster serves no purpose. Notably, he does not advocate prepping the trigger of a double action pistol on extension, considering that the trigger press is insignificant in the overall timeline of making a shot. There are better and more efficient places to make up time. In his words, “Don’t shoot faster, shoot sooner.” This tied directly into his explanation of acceptable sight picture and sight systems.”

As is this:
    “if you want to know your real time, draw and fire two accurate shots. Look at the time for the first shot from that data and this is what really matters. Invariably, it will be slower than just firing one shot. This is because it takes time to prepare for an accurate follow up shot. “

User Tag List