Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bravo Company AR for Home defense ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Ammo for Range use ?

Home Defense ?

2 Separate Ammo Types
    Very nice. For range ammo I'll use just about anything brass cased, but my favorite is Magtech's 62gr stuff. PMC Bronze also works well and is cheaper and easier to find. I've been meaning to grab some Gold Dots but the Federal Fusion line has shown to be very similar in testing and is much more widely available so that's usually what I have loaded.

Hammertime
    I have been pretty impressed with Wolf Gold 55 grain for range use. Very affordable and good ammo to boot.

Site Supporter
    Wolf 55 grain or M193 for practice.

Then gold dots because they're easy to find and not that expensive.

Even if you sight in with 55 gr and then load 75 gr for HD, at short distances you won't have a real POA/POI difference. But I can find good, ballistic matching 55 gr practice ammo and HD ammo locally so that's what I run.

Third vote for Wolf .223. It's actually Taiwanese spec 5.56 that's imported by Wolf. Good ammo.

I'm running Black Hills 77 OTM in my HD AR mags.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm using my 55gr XM193 clone reloads for practice, and Hornady 75gr TAP SBR as a defensive load in the 11.5" gun. Confirmed same POI at 50yds.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Third vote for Wolf .223. It's actually Taiwanese spec 5.56 that's imported by Wolf. Good ammo.

I'm running Black Hills 77 OTM in my HD AR mags.
    I'll probably transition to 262 once I'm back on the mainland and have a decent stash of it for mid range use. It seems to still perform well enough that there wouldn't be an advantage to stocking a third round for HD (training and distance work/HD vs. training, distance, HD). It's only potential weakness is barrier penetration, but I'm of the mindset that more bullets would probably make up for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would someone who has one of these mind putting the complete upper on a scale?

^ Sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by DiscipulusArmorum; 10-26-2017 at 02:08 AM.

I've been shooting Paul's uppers since they were MOS, before BCM.

They're good stuff, not anything extraordinary, but good parts, properly assembled (albeit tight).

I used to have a painted carbine that got used A LOT for several years. In an email Paul asked how that upper was doing. I told him I had to go look at it again because I was thinking it was a Colt for the past year. He said that was the highest compliment I could have given his upper.

I like BCM stuff, the KMR/MCMR is my favorite hand guard, their ELW barrels are my favorite chrome lined barrels.

I've never had a problem with anything BCM made. With that being said, the way they market their stuff (and package things like hats and posters with rifles & uppers) makes me wonder how much extra I paid for the fluff.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List