Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Company AR for Home defense ?

Site Supporter
    Keep in mind if you use the gun it's very likely GONE. It makes sense for it to be the CHEAPEST reliable rifle you can find.

You don't need free float or a ton of rails. The Colt Trooper is the best deal. If you have to have a BCM, get the ELW, slap on BCM or Magpul plastic furniture, a red dot, and a light.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Keep in mind if you use the gun it's very likely GONE. It makes sense for it to be the CHEAPEST reliable rifle you can find.

You don't need free float or a ton of rails. The Colt Trooper is the best deal. If you have to have a BCM, get the ELW, slap on BCM or Magpul plastic furniture, a red dot, and a light.
    You don't need all kinds of things, but there is significant value to an extended free float rail when you're loading up a barricade a shooting a target beyond a few dozen meters. While not huge for the stated purpose, its pretty easy to get hooked into different applications with the AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good advice ..I truly appreciate it too all who posted. !!
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 10-20-2017 at 03:10 PM.

BCM make top shelf stuff.

For Home Defense a suppressor has a lots of benefits. Take a look at Clint Smith talking about his House Gun.

Site Supporter
    I don't want to jump on just to echo what others have said, but I have been very impressed with every BCM product I have used or owned. I have a complete 16" gun that I have shot pretty regularly for about 7 years now. It simply runs, like a sewing machine. Recoil is very pleasant, it's gassed almost perfect, and even though I have 'fancier' rifle with free float forends, geissele triggers, etc., I shoot this one just as well. BCM CS is also one of the best in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I don't want to jump on just to echo what others have said, but I have been very impressed with every BCM product I have used or owned.
    Ditto. This is my BCM 16" ELW BFH mid length with A5 buffer assembly. It's light, accurate and so far 100% reliable with a variety of loads;

BCM, aside from the well earned kudos, also has decent (minor) cosmetic blem sales from time to time. Can't say it's a better deal than that Colt, but if you're looking for a BCM specifically, the blems provide a little cash saving alternative. I love blem stuff. For a firearm, it really doesn't matter because it's gonna get blemmed up anyway.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Bravo Company AR for Home defense ?

House gun. ELW Fluted 11.5”.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-20-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I truly appreciate the help
    Thanks !
    BCM® MID-16 Mod 0 Carbine

What's good range AMMO ?
    Gold Dot for Home defense ?

Name:  DSCN0065.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  86.5 KB
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 10-22-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Ammo for Range use ?

Home Defense ?

2 Separate Ammo Types

User Tag List