Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New P99 Compact AS, $339

The decock feature on the P99AS is pure unadulterated genius. If Walther could get their act together with CS here I would buy two for sure. I've got a buddy who's P99AS I've shot on more than a few occasions and the triggers are great, I don't much care for the sights but love the way the gun shoots. Nice head up GJM that is stupid cheap price.

Looks like these are gone now, great job whoever scored one!

From the Shoot Straight website
    As the duty pistol for law enforcement agencies in North America, Europe and Asia, the P99C AS 9mm has endured the harshest operating conditions a handgun will ever see.
    Who are the agencies using these in North America?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Website says 44 in stock.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

According to Wikipedia, some agencies in Quebec have issued the P99. Wikipedia doesn't specify which models were issued. Dunno. (The language on the store's site appears to come from Walther's P99 page.)

The P99C ships with two backstraps* and three additional front sights (along with an Allen wrench). The front sights are numbered, and of varying heights. The manual claims that each step up in number raises POI 2 inches at 25 yards. The rear sight appears to be easily adjustable for windage.

*The Walthers website says that there are 3 backstraps, but that's for the P99 fullsize. The P99C is only supposed to have two, so don't worry that you're missing one.
    Last edited by fly out; 10-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Website says 44 in stock.
    Must be my end then, I wasn't able to get anything on the webpage... just looked like they deleted it. You are right, came right up for me now...
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 10-26-2017 at 03:04 PM.

I've always liked the 9mm P99 AS, and this is an absolute steal for a Glock 26 analogue.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I wish I had a ton of disposable income to buy one-ofs of all sorts of interesting guns I have no need of. This gun seems interesting. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Hammertime
    Mine arrived. Nice little gun. Much tighter than my fairly clapped out full sized. They make a nice pair.

Playing with the decocker I came to the realization that during de cocking the design relies solely on the striker block in the slide to stop the striker impacting the primer. While it is effective, it is a less robust and less redundant design than Beretta, HK, or Sig classic decockers.

Muzzle awareness during decocking is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Mine arrived. Nice little gun. Much tighter than my fairly clapped out full sized. They make a nice pair.

Playing with the decocker I came to the realization that during de cocking the design relies solely on the striker block in the slide to stop the striker impacting the primer. While it is effective, it is a less robust and less redundant design than Beretta, HK, or Sig classic decockers.

Muzzle awareness during decocking is a must.
    Enel, you are killing it for me, the P320, VP9, now the P99AS. You make me sad. It's a good thing I'm hating and shooting a Glock right now. (Just please don't go buy a Gen5 Lock and take a mallet to it.)
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-26-2017 at 08:33 PM.

User Tag List