Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New P99 Compact AS, $339

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I ended up going with the Turul adjustable rear sight and the 10-8 FO front. The rear notch is .140 and the front sight is .125 so the sight picture is tighter than stock, and the red FO makes it much easier to find the front sight with my 66-year-old eyes. The sight heights for both match those of the factory sights, so POA = POI. I'm pretty happy with the setup.
    I installed a set of the Walther steel phosphorescent sights. They shoot to point of aim and are more durable than the polymer originals, plus they were cheap.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    @HeavyDuty - I briefly considered those, but I've found I need a big red blob of some kind at the end of the slide.

@HeavyDuty - I briefly considered those, but I've found I need a big red blob of some kind at the end of the slide.
    I’m usually the same way (Ameriglo Hacks are my poison of choice,) but these are very bold and I’m finding them quite usable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m laid up after surgery, so I’ve been doing PM on the safe. Today was the P99c’s turn. Damn, I like this gun - to the point that if I were told I could only keep one semiauto, it might well beat out anything else I own.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m laid up after surgery, so I’ve been doing PM on the safe. Today was the P99c’s turn. Damn, I like this gun - to the point that if I were told I could only keep one semiauto, it might well beat out anything else I own.
    +1. I usually carry a full-size PX4, but if I need to go smaller it's the P99c. I'll be putting a couple of guns up for sale or trade, and one of the trades I'm looking for is another P99c.

Do you have the full size as well, or just the 'c?' I've got one of each, and IMO the full size is even nicer to shoot. The full grip makes it easier and faster to get a consistent draw, and while half an inch isn't a huge difference, more sight radius = better. The 'c' is my carry gun, and it's plenty accurate and shootable, but if I'm going to shoot one of them for fun, it's the full size. Even my blast/recoil sensitive wife thinks the full size is nice to shoot. (Admittedly she's only ever shot it with the ~130 PF handloads I use for USPSA, but still.)

+1. I usually carry a full-size PX4, but if I need to go smaller it's the P99c. I'll be putting a couple of guns up for sale or trade, and one of the trades I'm looking for is another P99c.
    Did all the cheap ones dry up?
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Did all the cheap ones dry up?
    Yup, I got the second-to-last 9x19 they had. The .40s lasted a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Do you have the full size as well, or just the 'c?' I've got one of each, and IMO the full size is even nicer to shoot. The full grip makes it easier and faster to get a consistent draw, and while half an inch isn't a huge difference, more sight radius = better. The 'c' is my carry gun, and it's plenty accurate and shootable, but if I'm going to shoot one of them for fun, it's the full size. Even my blast/recoil sensitive wife thinks the full size is nice to shoot. (Admittedly she's only ever shot it with the ~130 PF handloads I use for USPSA, but still.)
    A P99c in 9mm, and my late stepfathers duty gun - a P99QA in .40. I wouldn’t mind a P99AS in 9mm.
    Ken

Ditto

I’m usually the same way (Ameriglo Hacks are my poison of choice,) but these are very bold and I’m finding them quite usable.
    I have a set of Ameriglo Hacks on my Glock 21 gen 3. I have the orange donut with tritium insert on the front and black sight on rear. The rear notch is wide which aids in picking up the front sight. I see these as a combat sight for getting on your target rapidly as opposed to a narrow notch for a refined sight picture.

User Tag List