Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New P99 Compact AS, $339

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered one in 9x19. I've been looking for a G26-size pistol that wasn't a Glock and was TDA.

Is there any reason to not run 124-grain +P HST in this gun? It's what I use for everything else.
    No reason not to. The manual just says +P may accelerate the need for maintenance.

Site Supporter

Magazines

Is ~$40 the going price for mags for the 99c?

Also, I've never used mags with a finger extension. Do they complicate things on a reload? Does a full-size mag with a sleeve work better for that?

Thanks!

Is ~$40 the going price for mags for the 99c?
    That's basically MSRP. I have all the mags I need for mine, so I haven't looked in a while, but $40 is basically always too much - grabagun's normal price is $34.99: https://grabagun.com/walther-2796473...9-compact.html

I'm sure if you spend some time searching, you can find them for even less. Way back when, CDNN clearanced out SW99c mags (compatible, only difference is the follower) for $20 per, which was a steal, so I picked up several. IIRC later on I got a few more genuine Walther ones for a similar price as well. It just takes a bit of patience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That's basically MSRP. I have all the mags I need for mine, so I haven't looked in a while, but $40 is basically always too much - grabagun's normal price is $34.99: https://grabagun.com/walther-2796473...9-compact.html

I'm sure if you spend some time searching, you can find them for even less. Way back when, CDNN clearanced out SW99c mags (compatible, only difference is the follower) for $20 per, which was a steal, so I picked up several. IIRC later on I got a few more genuine Walther ones for a similar price as well. It just takes a bit of patience.
    Thanks for the link! Thanks also for the reminder that S&W made the 99 for a while. CDNN still has some LE-marked 15-round full-size mags for $20. Any idea if those are compatible with the Walther sleeves? If so, that would solve a couple of problems.

Thanks for the link! Thanks also for the reminder that S&W made the 99 for a while. CDNN still has some LE-marked 15-round full-size mags for $20. Any idea if those are compatible with the Walther sleeves? If so, that would solve a couple of problems.
    The SW99c and P99c mags used identical tubes and bases; the only difference was the stampings. The springs and followers were different between them, but not in any way that significantly affected performance, at least with my sample of one P99c gun used with 4 P99c mags and 2 SW99c mags. To my knowledge, the full-size mags are the same story, so full size SW99 mags should work just fine in a P99c with the Walther grip sleeve.
    Last edited by olstyn; 08-28-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    @olstyn - Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I picked it up and went to the range today, put 101 rounds through it - first 50 were MEN NATO-spec hardball (hey, it's a German gun ), then 11 rounds of 124-grain +P HST, then 40 rounds of my 124-grain hardball handloads that run just under 1100 fps from my PX4. No issues, shoots to POA, and is accurate. It should be accurate, the sight radius is the same as my full-size PX4's! The DA is not as nice as my Berettas but it ain't bad, two rounds starting from DA are no problem. I've ordered two 15-round SW99 mags and two grip sleeves for it to see how they work for me. The magazine release is going to take some getting used to, need to figure out if I'm going to use my thumb or index finger.

Overall, Chuckie like!

Site Supporter
    ... I've ordered two 15-round SW99 mags and two grip sleeves for it to see how they work for me. The magazine release is going to take some getting used to, need to figure out if I'm going to use my thumb or index finger...!
    FWIW, PPQ M1 magazines are the same, except they are supposed to have a better coating and follower.

I have found that using my trigger finger to release the magazine is best for me and most others report the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I have found that using my trigger finger to release the magazine is best for me and most others report the same.
    That's been my preference as well, although I've heard some people say they prefer to do it with their middle finger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Below are two offerings from the KSG Armory.

The like green is his 'sidekick', and the red, his 'minuteman'

While they are exactly the same length, the green holster has come to be my go to favorite.
    Both came with the Raven rubber wedge, and the Raven wing standard. I have chosen to remove the hard wedge, and instead employ the Mastermind Tactics soft wedges;
    The small works best for me.

Gabe is an awesome guy to deal with, and his work is impeccable. Great solid safe holsters.
    He has also made me a 'sidekick' for my PPS M1, in a P99 length. That's the gray one.

Check out his work.

ksg armory
    I ordered a Sidekick and it came in a few days ago, time from ordering to delivery was less than a week. The holster is well made. I'm going to use it as a traditional IWB at about 3:30 rather than as an AIWB, but I got it in the regular extended version in case I get AIWB curious. Today will be my first range day with the holster. The wing holds the butt in really tightly; it may have to go.

User Tag List