Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New P99 Compact AS, $339

I continue to think that the P99 AS is one of the most interesting carry pistols.

The ability to carry in DA mode, with the striker released and an 8 pound initial trigger, followed by a 3.5-4 pound SA with incredibly short reset. P30 size, great accuracy, great reliability. Perfect companion piece to a PPQ. While I prefer a button mag release for speed, for carry the Walther paddles seem a reasonable trade off in magazine security. Even fits in my JM PPQ appendix holsters and Safariland 7TS tactical ALS rig.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The grip extensions for the 15-round magazines have been hard to find over the last many months, but they are back in stock at Midway now, possibly other places.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/54...or-p99-compact

I really liked the full size but the problem was I had two in 40 S&W and the Glock 23 gen 3 felt better. I like how they are bringing this gun back to the front if they are. I do like the DA/SA guns for carry.

If I was not full up on my P2000 and Glock 19s I would be looking at this gun and the standard size as well.

Shoot Straight is our sister company, with nine commercial retail stores. We at SSD (Shoot Straight Defense) work out of the Shoot Straight warehouse and corporate offices, focusing on LE/MIL agency and individual officer sales. SSD still has P99 AS compacts in both 9 and 40 available, as well as full-size (40S&W only). These particular Walther's are not LE only SKU's, so are available to anyone, and we're still honoring the price posted by @GJM last October.
    CraigR@ssdinternationalinc.com / 407-410-6914 Option 1 / About Us

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@SSD View Post
    Shoot Straight is our sister company, with nine commercial retail stores. We at SSD (Shoot Straight Defense) work out of the Shoot Straight warehouse and corporate offices, focusing on LE/MIL agency and individual officer sales. SSD still has P99 AS compacts in both 9 and 40 available, as well as full-size (40S&W only). These particular Walther's are not LE only SKU's, so are available to anyone, and we're still honoring the price posted by @GJM last October.
    Can you comment on your refusing orders from Illinois?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can you comment on your refusing orders from Illinois?
    Give me a call.
    CraigR@ssdinternationalinc.com / 407-410-6914 Option 1 / About Us

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@SSD View Post
    Give me a call.
    Will do - thanks for responding.

One word review of the new P99AS Compact:

Wow!

Seriously, this thing flat out *shoots*.

Site Supporter
    Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered one in 9x19. I've been looking for a G26-size pistol that wasn't a Glock and was TDA.

Is there any reason to not run 124-grain +P HST in this gun? It's what I use for everything else.

If you're on the fence about getting one of these, there's ONE left in 9x19.

User Tag List