Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New P99 Compact AS, $339

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    I'd commented in a previous post on the amount of overtravel on the P99c DA pull. When first dry firing it, I noticed that there was a twitch in the front sight as the striker dropped in DA. Dry firing against a distant wall with a laser cartridge produced a streak in DA, as opposed to a dot in SA. You're applying significant force against a trigger that is resisting you, then the shot breaks, and the trigger accelerates without resistance through the overtravel before bottoming out...that shock gets transmitted to the frame. What I don't know, would the bullet have left the barrel before the trigger hit the frame, or could this have an impact on accuracy? In any case, it seemed like the angular deviation indicated a lack of neutrality in my grip/trigger pull, so I worked on that over the past couple weeks and got that streak down to a dot. In live fire, I did not notice the overtravel at all. While I did not shoot groups extensively, I did not see any obvious degradation in accuracy with DA on dots at 7 yards.
    Thanks for coming up with this explanation, as I have been experiencing the same thing but couldn't figure out why. I have only dry-fired mine so far and hope to get to the range this week.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Availability seems to go in waves; apparently Walther ships them over in batches rather than a steady stream of production, so there will be a few months in a row where they're hard to find and they're expensive when you can find them, and then a few months where they're easy to come by and cheap. Rinse and repeat. Patience pays.
    CZ's arrive much the same way. Glad to know this as I may pick up a full size depending on how I shoot this compact.

Hammertime
    After shooting it side by side with my Gen 5 19, PX4C, and 92 Compact, I'm really liking this little gun. It's not really about which gun is better, they are all great. But I'm really digging the idea of a 26-sized DA/SA carry gun, and the P99c agrees with me in a lot of ways. Now the only trouble is I want a full size Gen 2 9mm P99, and those seem to be completely unavailable at the moment.
    Thank you for that informative review!

I know this thread is a little older now - but a quick question:

Since the majority of the threads here on PF re:the p99c as are from a few years ago when it was more en vogue - Have there been any new developments in holster options for it? Or is it still the "usual suspects" - JMCK and the like?

Holster support is one thing that has me hesitating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I know this thread is a little older now - but a quick question:

Since the majority of the threads here on PF re:the p99c as are from a few years ago when it was more en vogue - Have there been any new developments in holster options for it? Or is it still the "usual suspects" - JMCK and the like?

Holster support is one thing that has me hesitating.
    You really only need one or two, and Tony (JMCK) will make them for you, so ... if you really want one, and that's the only reason you're waiting, don't worry about it, just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    You really only need one or two, and Tony (JMCK) will make them for you, so ... if you really want one, and that's the only reason you're waiting, don't worry about it, just get it.
    That is what I thought! Thank you for the feedback.

@olstyn - you were right! Late last week the full-size P99 AS 9mm came in stock pretty much everywhere at normal pricing ($500-$550). I picked up a real nice used one a few weeks ago, but I'd be in the market for another if someone finds the right deal.

BTW, JMCK no longer offers holsters for the P99. I'd ordered one back around Thanksgiving and recently got a call from Tony that his P99 mold had broken, and with the low volume of sales for that model he wasn't going to be replacing it. The good news is I took a chance and had him make mine for a 4" PPQ M1, and the P99c snaps in perfectly. The muzzle profile of the full-size P99 must be just slightly different from the PPQ, because the full-size P99 is pushed out of battery before the trigger guard fully seats. I'm hoping with a little heat I can open up the end a bit and be good to go.

I picked up a real nice used one a few weeks ago, but I'd be in the market for another if someone finds the right deal.
    I'm glad you were able to find one you like.

BTW, JMCK no longer offers holsters for the P99. I'd ordered one back around Thanksgiving and recently got a call from Tony that his P99 mold had broken, and with the low volume of sales for that model he wasn't going to be replacing it. The good news is I took a chance and had him make mine for a 4" PPQ M1, and the P99c snaps in perfectly. The muzzle profile of the full-size P99 must be just slightly different from the PPQ, because the full-size P99 is pushed out of battery before the trigger guard fully seats. I'm hoping with a little heat I can open up the end a bit and be good to go.
    An understandable business decision but too bad; that's one less well-respected AIWB option for the P99. I guess CCC is basically it for that gun now.

@olstyn - you were right! Late last week the full-size P99 AS 9mm came in stock pretty much everywhere at normal pricing ($500-$550). I picked up a real nice used one a few weeks ago, but I'd be in the market for another if someone finds the right deal.

FYI
    KSG armory makes a great aiwb for the 99.
    Been using mine for 2 years now.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Dale Fricke shows the full size P99 https://dalefrickeholsters.com

User Tag List