Page 92 of 306 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Christ almighty people. Have some sympathy on those of us 1911 appreciators with more plebian salaries.

Site Supporter
    Next thing you know theJanitor will post a picture of a Pachmayr Combat Special and put us all over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Next thing you know theJanitor will post a picture of a Pachmayr Combat Special and put us all over the edge.
    In 3...2...1...

ETA: Well, until he shows up with better pics, here is one to wet your whistle...

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    At the range today. It don't get much better than this: Hoag Mastergrade Longslide, Hoag Mastergrade Gov't, Pachmayr Combat Special.

Last edited by StraitR; 07-20-2017 at 11:43 PM.

Pretty sure theJanitor's very close friend either has a Combat Special or a homage to one.

StraitR, a Trs and another semi is a helluva year.

As far as salaries go, I make squat. I had a little money from selling things a few years ago and did a semi retro build. Then I sent it back for the rest of the work a couple years later. So the money was split up.

This is my only 1911. No way I can afford another for years to come.

I've posted this old girl before, but it's as custom as I get:

Name:  Colt1911.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  79.7 KB

She started life as a 1918 'black army' M1911, that was an NRA purchase by someone somewhere.
    Sometime in the 1970's it was hardchromed, and made into a bullseye gun that shoots 185 grain lead like a guided missile. she rattles, is loose, but she'll stay the same.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    In 3...2...1...

ETA: Well, until he shows up with better pics, here is one to wet your whistle...
    I had to say something...

Not sure how I missed that before, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Pretty sure theJanitor's very close friend either has a Combat Special or a homage to one.

StraitR, a Trs and another semi is a helluva year.

As far as salaries go, I make squat. I had a little money from selling things a few years ago and did a semi retro build. Then I sent it back for the rest of the work a couple years later. So the money was split up.

This is my only 1911. No way I can afford another for years to come.
    Quality over quantity, you're doing it right.

I paid for the first last August by selling years worth of collected, unused guns and a good deal of other stuff in my safe. I decided to move away from SFA AIWB, so I had three glocks and a bunch of support gear to sell as well. I actually sold way more stuff than I needed to, and put the extra towards debt and the family. The TRS was bought outright in April, but I recently sold my Brig Tac which I consider partial late payment. All in all, I'm in the black when it comes to money spent on my 1911's. I would have never bought them otherwise, since excessively expensive gun purchases are pretty much on the bottom of my priorities list.

Site Supporter
    Stahp! I need another 1911 like I need a hole in my head.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hers.

One half of the His/Hers full house custom builds from Chris James at Combat Precision Technologies. Inching ever closer to completion of the matching pair, differing only in caliber.

Can't wait to get these two into the stable.

Name:  IMG_3623.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3624.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3634.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  63.0 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Not entirely sure if this belongs here or not...I have it for a bit to do some testing. Interesting. Probably unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List