Page 89 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    Name:  DSCF0003.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  59.1 KB

My singlestacks - STI Sentry 45ACP, SA Lightweight Operator 45ACP, SA Range Officer 9mm

Site Supporter
    Name:  DSCF0006.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  54.7 KB

My doublestacks - STI frankenpistol 45ACP, ParaOrdnance P16 40S&W, ParaOrdnance P14 45ACP. The P14 was an early model and was built in the beginning of USPSA Limited and the P16 was also an early model as USPSA Limited became dominated by 40. The STI is the most accurate pistol I own with a KART match barrel and Briley bushing in a bushing. The STI is also the ugliest gun I own with a "spray on" finish that has come off over the decades - I choose to leave it as-is and just shoot it.
    Last edited by ranger; 07-07-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I realize the answer to this is sorta evident since you traded it, but how'd you like the Sig 1911?
    It was okay. Shooting a 9mm 1911 was a lot of fun. I couldn't shoot it very well though. Struggled with accuracy. I really don't think it was all me as other people tested it and struggled too.

I was at the point where I was going to send it to my favorite 1911 smith and spend a bunch of money or cash it in and try something else. I made the mistake of putting a lot of rounds through and full custom with all Nighthawk parts and it was all over for the Sig.

I rediscovered how much fun it is to shoot 45 acp out of an all steel gun. The Loaded dropped into my lap for cheap and I couldn't pass it up. It's fit together really well and easy to shoot accurately.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    It was okay. Shooting a 9mm 1911 was a lot of fun. I couldn't shoot it very well though. Struggled with accuracy. I really don't think it was all me as other people tested it and struggled too.

I was at the point where I was going to send it to my favorite 1911 smith and spend a bunch of money or cash it in and try something else. I made the mistake of putting a lot of rounds through and full custom with all Nighthawk parts and it was all over for the Sig.

I rediscovered how much fun it is to shoot 45 acp out of an all steel gun. The Loaded dropped into my lap for cheap and I couldn't pass it up. It's fit together really well and easy to shoot accurately.
    Totally valid. Loaded is a great base gun for tinkering, or so I read. Dial 'er in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Over the course of my gun adventures, I've owned three Springer loaded guns, all 45acp.
    Never an issue, always reliable and accurate.
    They're all gone now, replaced by a Kimber Pro CDP II, which has run flawless also.

Very happy that I went to the 9mm Range Officer Champion as another 1911. It too has run flawless with just about all ammunition choices.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Springer LB Operator (freshly cleaned, 835 rds from last cleaning) and the Sams gun.

Kevin B introduced me to the LAPD SWAT qual.

Note two things:

A few wild shots even at those time stds.

And the giant ragged hole is mostly from the shooting from retention muzzle blast. Not from driving slugs that close. Unlike someone else's target. Attachment 17944
    Last edited by JHC; 07-09-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Springer LB Operator (freshly cleaned, 835 rds from last cleaning) and the Sams gun.

Kevin B introduced me to the LAPD SWAT qual.

Note two things:

A few wild shots even at those time stds.

And the giant ragged hole is mostly from the shooting from retention muzzle blast. Not from driving slugs that close. Unlike someone else's target. Attachment 17944
    I put 50 rounds through the Loaded this afternoon. I'm really liking this pistol a lot. Forgot to take pictures today.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    So what is the LAPD SWAT Qual?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    So what is the LAPD SWAT Qual?
    Darryl Bolke gave me this. Notice the last sentence about DQ's. Hope this helps.

Modified LAPD SWAT Pistol Qualification Drill

Range: 3 to 25 yds
    Target: 8” circle for body; 3x5 card for head.
    Start position: concealed or duty retention holster
    Rounds fired: 36 or 50

25 yds: 2 body under 4 sec--3x
    15 yds: 2 body under 3 sec--3x
    10 yds: 2 body then 1 head under 3.5 sec--2x
    7 yds: 2 body then 1 head under 3 sec--2x
    5 yds: 2 body then 1 head under 2.5 sec--2x
    3 yds: 2 body then 1 head under 2 sec--2x

Bonus movement drill if you are not restricted by asinine nanny rules from moving on your range while shooting:
    10 yards to 3 yards while on the move: 6 body then 1 head under 5 sec--2x

(Note that this means shooting while actually moving, NOT taking a few shots in a static position before moving, then stopping to take some more shots midway, then making the final shot while stopped at 3 yds—any shots taken while not moving are considered a miss)

This is intended to be shot from the holster. If you must shoot from the ready, as a result of your crappy range’s stupid policies, reduce allowable time by 1 sec for each drill. Any round totally off the target is an automatic DQ (ie. 100% hits required to pass).

This page needs pics.

User Tag List