Page 88 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Black Walnut grips from Woodcaliber.com arrived today. Really impressed with them, extremely quick shipping, and packaging was outstanding.
    I can't say enough good things about Woodcaliber.com. The grips fit the frame & plunger tube correctly. The screw holes and mag release are perfectly located. The checkering is sharp and clean - great product and vendor.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Name:  IMG_0263.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  103.5 KB

My daily carry 1911.

Vending Machine Operator

1911 picture thread

Blurred my face, but here's how I repped my filthy-from-shooting Colt O1091: with bacon and a red napkin for the apple pie fresh from the oven matching my blue and white shirt.

Normally I rock thick cut bacon from a local butcher in plain white paper, but I figured the packaged stuff would photograph better.

Merica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 07-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

^^^^^ That is definitely 'Murica right there. haha. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I can't say enough good things about Woodcaliber.com. The grips fit the frame & plunger tube correctly. The screw holes and mag release are perfectly located. The checkering is sharp and clean - great product and vendor.
    I couldn't agree more with every word you said. Fit and finish are excellent, and I was surprised how sharp the checkering is. Outstanding quality at a downright cheap price relative to many other wood stock's I looked at before purchasing. I'll also note that I placed my order in the evening shortly after 9pm EST, and received tracking information email just before 9am the next morning.

Name:  DSC_0008.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  98.8 KB

My tweaked Colt Wiley Clapp. Gun flat-out runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

My tweaked Colt Wiley Clapp. Gun flat-out runs.
    That's nice Greg, and no big surprise on it running. Happens more than people like to believe.

I see the Wilson BP TS and rear 10-8 sight, but what else have you done to it? Looks like maybe a Wilson BP mag release?
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-06-2017 at 05:55 PM.

That's nice Greg, and no big surprise on it running. Happens more than people like to believe.

I see the Wilson BP TS and rear 10-8 sight, but what else have you done to it? Looks like maybe a Wilson BP mag release?
    You're right on the first 2. That's the OEM Colt mag release. Not too many mods - mostly to suit preferences rather than needs.

EGW custom bushing, Wilson BP ejector, Colt arched MS Housing, normal bushings and screws. The Colt extractor hook was dressed and a bit more tension was added. (as a reloader I like my brass to land in the same spot )

I did use a few Harrison parts: Medium trigger (my new favorite), Oversized firing pin stop, Stainless hammer and TR Sear.

Vending Machine Operator

1911 picture thread

My Colt running 500-600 over 4-5 range trips, 4 different types of ammo, out of the box without being cleaned or lubricated, has totally changed my perception of 1911s after years of forum reading. I get that's not a huge number by P-F standards but it's better than my P226 .40 or M&P .40 did. I think I've made this post a billion times, but it still makes me happy that a good one seems to run as well as anything else. And they shoot so. Darn. Well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 07-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

This one is gone.

Replaced by this one.

Older Loaded. Looks pretty new. Surprised how accurate it is. Trigger isn't great but isn't horrible either. I see it as a blank slate right now. Not sure what direction I want to go yet. Probably send it off for some tuning and then shoot it for awhile and see what happens.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Vending Machine Operator
    I realize the answer to this is sorta evident since you traded it, but how'd you like the Sig 1911?

User Tag List