Page 82 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Chuck,

If you want to do that to my pistol, I would be alright with that. I have always admired your work.

Black Walnut grips from Woodcaliber.com arrived today. Really impressed with them, extremely quick shipping, and packaging was outstanding. Highly recommended. Also tried some VZ Slex grip screws, which are hard to see here, but they're a combination of hex and slotted. Neat idea, but I think I'll grab some more traditional regular slotted screws from Wilson tonight on an order I need to finish up.

I'll have to get some better pics later.

If you want old school, I think Karl Sokol is still taking work...
    http://chestnutmountainsports.net/

A quick kitchen lighting shot after installing a 10-8 rear sight last night. That thing took some serious filing. I've heard this about 10-8 sights, but never experienced it with my Glocks, M&Ps, or P30.

I normally use nylon punches and a vice, but decided to try THIS relatively inexpensive sight pusher from amazon, and it worked great. Very well made and easy to use. Recommended.

Last edited by StraitR; 06-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Swapped out the thin grip bushings that came on the TRS with a set Challis hex bushings. Very nice bushings, I'll use them again should I ever have a need. Replaced the VZ Slex screws with Wilson slotted, blued. So, this is done for now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Swapped out the thin grip bushings that came on the TRS with a set Challis hex bushings. Very nice bushings, I'll use them again should I ever have a need. Replaced the VZ Slex screws with Wilson slotted, blued. So, this is done for now.
    Those grips, er... stocks and slotted screws look great on the pistol. You have to know you will catch hell from Tamara though.
    Last edited by Robinson; 06-19-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Those grips, er... stocks and slotted screws look great on the pistol. You have to know you will catch hell from Tamara though.
    haha. Thanks. Yes, unfortunately they won't time without the use of O-rings, and I didn't bother hunting mine down last night after finishing the bushing swap. The first three came out pretty easily, only one required heating to defeat the small amount of red loctite, but the last one, of course the last one, was soaked in loctite and took considerable work to remove. Using a soldering iron to heat the last bushing...

I swore I'd never have another Baer after terrible experiences with my first two, but I've always wanted a TRS, and these pics aren't helping.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List