Page 79 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Just finished this overhaul up for my uncle. He's a retired army vet. I just gave it back to him today, timing worked out great.

Start:

Final:

So awesome, Serp. ~The~ EDC.
    Ignore Alien Orders

NICELY done Serpico. Nailed it.

The Chen mainspring housing/magwell blending looks great. Tastefully understated.

Site Supporter
    Nice. Do I spot some Harrison parts on that pistol?

Thanks guys.

Roger that Robinson. The slide stop, hammer and rear sight are Harrison parts. I wanted to keep the look retro-ish which is why I went with the Harrison rear sight. My uncle has problems see plain sights well so I went with the Fiber optic front. The grip safety is the EGW .245" that gets re-shaped and the thumb safety is Ed Brown.

I will say this in reference to the Harrison slide stop. I naturally have a high hold on most guns which often interferes with the slide stop. It's never been a problem on 1911's before but with this Harrison slide stop I was preventing the slide from locking back quite a few times. I also noticed a not insignificant irritation to my support hand palm from the slide stop during firing. I adjusted my grip and all these problems went away immediately. I think the Harrison part looks amazing and for the vast majority of shooters would be a non-issue. But if you use a high support hand hold you may want to go with a more traditional profiled slide stop. Just my $0.02.

I can't say enough about the Chen maxbevel mainspring housing. It's phenomenal. I had a few different test fire sessions with this gun to work out some feeding kinks and the combination of the mainspring housing and opened up magwell was noticeable in terms of reload consistency for me. I'll never not use this part for future builds.
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 05-29-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Again. 'cause I love it so

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

You have great taste.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in a picture taking mood...

User Tag List