Page 72 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

My Dave Sams gun just back from him with a short trigger and magwell. Attachment 15787
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My Dave Sams gun just back from him with a short trigger and magwell. Attachment 15787
    I dislike you at this moment. Carrying these beasts appendix?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I dislike you at this moment. Carrying these beasts appendix?
    I don't have a suitable rig for such yet. Thinking about it though. My 1982 vintage Milt Sparks Summer Special is going strong however.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-19-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    And???

You are currently on the way to the range for an update, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    And???

You are currently on the way to the range for an update, right? Right?
    It's been all shake down cruise with the LB Operator lately but I'm gonna work this one next time out. Very soon.

JHC, have you detailed the Sams pistol before? if not, I'd like to read more about it

^^^^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    JHC, have you detailed the Sams pistol before? if not, I'd like to read more about it
    No I've just alluded to its existence and shooting it before. Sams built it originally for a former Soldier, PSC and instructor who's primary was a Vickers gun. This was built to be a clone to it. I'm actually the 3rd owner.

Its a Caspian slide and frame, Kart barrel, 10-8 sights. Front has a big fat gold bead. Good enough. I recently had a Greider short trigger and the Ed Brown magwell added to it plus a detailed inspection and check up.

Its fed and fired everything I've shot through it and its wickedly accurate. The pic of that proof I'll add was shot about a year ago. The left bias is on me. That's why I'm on 1911s this year. Almost 20 years of near total Glock shooting and I was feeling very bad about my handling of the 1911, the gun of my youth in the '80's.

It is my first exposure to a "hard fit" gun. I have to use a wrench to turn the bushing and I've never, and will never actually separate the bushing from the barrel.

It has run and run with lube and minimal cleaning. It doesn't seem sensitive to such niceties. Dave Sams however has castigated me for not cleaning a little more often. (He is easy to reach by phone and is a talker and I cannot tell you how enjoyable it is to discuss the guns, features, pro's and con's of each with him.)

It's set up for POI for 230 grain standard pressure to be precisely at the top of the front post at 25 yards and when I've done my part, that's where it puts them.

Here is my left bias shooting a year ago. With cheapo Monarch 230 grain.

Attachment 15804
    Last edited by JHC; 04-20-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Very nice, JHC. Love guns built by Army guys, as they seem to run and fit in ways that are different than the rest of the 1911 world. My Vickers Colt challenged my understanding of how you could/should build a 1911

The two-tone one??

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Very nice, JHC. Love guns built by Army guys, as they seem to run and fit in ways that are different than the rest of the 1911 world. My Vickers Colt challenged my understanding of how you could/should build a 1911

User Tag List