Page 71 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

A bit of Colt and USMC history, now added to the family history.

Colt CQBP that finally arrived today, after participating in the three-week Gunbroker fiasco.

Name:  IMG_20170412_173430.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  InkedIMG_20170412_173453_LI.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  66.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GLB View Post
    It groups well to. Finalize the zero and she will be back in business.
    Wow. Did SACS do the refinish and rebarrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Wow. Did SACS do the refinish and rebarrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes
    Last edited by GLB; 04-12-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    A bit of Colt and USMC history, now added to the family history.

Colt CQBP that finally arrived today, after participating in the three-week Gunbroker fiasco.
    I hope you ordered yours before the prices started going crazy.

Just a production Springfield Armory LB Operator and GECO 230 gr ball. I recently got this one as a training gun while my 9mm Combat Operator is in Dave Sams hands making it a one inch gun. But love this .45.
    This was the 5 freestyle of the 150 aggregate (25 yards)

Attachment 15630
    Last edited by JHC; 04-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I hope you ordered yours before the prices started going crazy.
    Yes, and that was part of my ire.

I bought it on the 19th of last month, and paid immediately. They got my FFL information a day after that.

I then had to wait three weeks for the pistol to ship, with absolutely no response to any communications. They would not answer the phone, respond to emails, or messages through the Gunbroker system.

The entire "Gold Deal" membership is a complete rip-off. So yeah, I'm not a fan, and they probably did not enjoy reading my feedback. That's assuming they know how to read.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yes, and that was part of my ire.

I bought it on the 19th of last month, and paid immediately. They got my FFL information a day after that.

I then had to wait three weeks for the pistol to ship, with absolutely no response to any communications. They would not answer the phone, respond to emails, or messages through the Gunbroker system.

The entire "Gold Deal" membership is a complete rip-off. So yeah, I'm not a fan, and they probably did not enjoy reading my feedback. That's assuming they know how to read.
    Sorry to hear. I know there was some "scalping" going on too, later in the sale period. Anyway, at least the gun is authentic and you were able to secure a bit of USMC history.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just a production Springfield Armory LB Operator and GECO 230 gr ball. I recently got this one as a training gun while my 9mm Combat Operator is in Dave Sams hands making it a one inch gun. But love this .45.

Attachment 15630
    Nice group, I have been casually looking for a LBO for a few months. Your pics may cause me to ramp up the search. Looking forward to a report of the Combat Operator when it returns from Sams.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Attachment 15630
    I've been eyeing one of these for quite some time now....Do you find the slick front strap to be an issue or not?
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    I've been eyeing one of these for quite some time now....Do you find the slick front strap to be an issue or not?
    Not the first few times out on cool mornings, Friday included. Yesterday in the PM, hot and sweating, yeah a little bit. I much prefer 20 or 25 LPI but I've got grip tape on my Sams gun's front strap and this one will get that shortly. But I could not be happier with it regardless.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List