Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

I built my own 1911. I know what your thinking, a custom bubba kitchen table build. It took me almost a year but I only used premium parts and took my time. I had a lot of help from some pro's on the 1911 forum. I then sent the gun to long time top tier 1911 smith Chuck Warner and asked him to put some finishing touches on the gun (stuff I can't do) and to check my work and give me a report card to to speak. He checked the gun over and gave me a passing score. The gun was actually safe. Got the gun back from Chuck and now it's my baby. It was a learning experience and I learned a ton about the 1911.

Finished prior to testing

Test shoot day, talk about excited

First shots

Back from Chuck

That was one of my favorite threads at the 1911 forum, serpico1985. Great read.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That was one of my favorite threads at the 1911 forum, serpico1985. Great read.
    +1. That was a fun build to watch.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed documenting the build in the thread. Kept a fire under me to get it done. It was also pertty cool to find out how eager to help the smiths are. There aren't too many places where you have access to guys at the top of their field like that.

Getting a passing grade from Chuck is pretty cool. Congrats.

Since Todd is getting a 9mm Pro, I thought I'd show my 10mm Pro.

Cheers!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    Since Todd is getting a 9mm Pro, I thought I'd show my 10mm Pro.
    Cheers!

Bill
    OK. That is pretty freakin' sweet.
    #RESIST

Just for you LL - The other side. If Todd's is anything like mine, it will be a very slick feeding and reliable 1911.

Cheers buddy.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DWB View Post
    CT Brian is a 1911 pro that builds officer's size 1911s more often than most it seems. I emailed him when I got it and asked what I should change or watch out for. He said change the entire recoil assy every ???? rounds and shoot it, Defenders run, and I have run into that theme elsewhere. I think they have improved the Officer size.
    Officer's-size guns are more reliable than generally given credit for, although even the good ones eat recoil springs like popcorn.

It's the sub-Officer's 3" guns like the Kimber Ultra and Springer Micro and the ridiculous P10/Warthog-size guns from Painted Ordnance that I wouldn't bet on. I have literally never seen one of the little Paras that would run worth a darn.

Oh, 1911 picture:

Name:  1911s.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  97.4 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Officer's-size guns are more reliable than generally given credit for, although even the good ones eat recoil springs like popcorn.

It's the sub-Officer's 3" guns like the Kimber Ultra and Springer Micro and the ridiculous P10/Warthog-size guns from Painted Ordnance that I wouldn't bet on. I have literally never seen one of the little Paras that would run worth a darn.

Oh, 1911 picture:

Name:  1911s.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  97.4 KB
    Tam, what's with the hammer on that gun all the way to the left?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List