Page 43 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

New acquisition? Or just enjoying an old favorite?

Just scored this. It just hit the FFL today. Jim Hoag built Series 70 Gold Cup. If you might recall, the Gold Cups came with the elliason adjustable sights and front sight serrations. Jim had to weld up the slide to complete the Bomar install, and weld up the frontstrap in order to checker it.

Name:  Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-4.05.39-AM.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  53.9 KB

I saw this 1911 in the IS Propaganda and I thought it was a nice looking gun.
    It is also interesting because I have hear AK's referred to as "the enemies gun",
    and this is an instance of one of our "all american guns" being used by the enemy.

My plain Jane series 80 Gold Cup.

Quite possibly the nicest 1911 I own. And I like to think I have some great ones....

Wilson Combat Tactical Special (the precursor to the Tactical Elite). Finished on 9/11/92. I can't imagine that a better pistol could be built at the time. The early 90's was the sweet spot for Wilson's custom shop, in my opinion. This was before they started to use other manufacturers' frames, and before their own frames were introduced.

Builders are listed as Vic Tibbets, Ron Phillips, Chris Peters, and Jim Wilson; an all-star cast of pistolsmiths for sure.

I have a good buddy to thank for letting me purchase this from him. The gesture will be forever appreciated

That is a very nice pistol. I like the essentially retro look. How does it shoot?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That is a very nice pistol. I like the essentially retro look. How does it shoot?
    Given it's about 22 years old, it IS retro. Beautiful gun though.

I hope to get to the range this weekend, but it's not likely

User Tag List