Page 41 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Sadly not mine.

Hoag/Auto Shop longslide. A friend let me borrow it for a couple weeks, which... I'm not gonna lie, it's a rare gun that I'll just sit there and contemplate for the better part of an hour, but this thing was beautifully done.

That's a beauty, Tam. Lots of small differences between that and mine. The Longslides are uncommonly fun to shoot.

We are diminished
    I'd never even heard of timed grip screws before JV said something about it when I posted an early preview pic in the Staff area.

Yeah, it's awesome needing to remember which screw goes in which end of which panel. To Jason's credit, he has a numbering system that does make it easy to remember in the event you drop all the screws on the ground.

And I admit, it does look nice.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    And I admit, it does look nice.
    It's the little things like that that show that the dude who screwed the gun together cared about doing things right.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

It's the little things like that that show that the dude who screwed the gun together cared about doing things right.
    Pete Single has said many times, if the outside looks bad, the inside will as well. He said that in response to people who claim they just worry about the function and not about making it look pretty. Attention to detail, and all that.

We are diminished
    Just had a 3hr talk with Jason. We didn't cover everything so we're talking again Wednesday evening. By then I hope to understand what the little metal pieces in the gun do so I can tell folks why his are really nice and stuff.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Pete Single has said many times, if the outside looks bad, the inside will as well. He said that in response to people who claim they just worry about the function and not about making it look pretty. Attention to detail, and all that.
    I've found that to be true about most things in life.
    3/15/2016

Just had a 3hr talk with Jason. We didn't cover everything so we're talking again Wednesday evening. By then I hope to understand what the little metal pieces in the gun do so I can tell folks why his are really nice and stuff.
    Dude, I say go for it... but do it with the understanding that 1911s are a study field in and of themselves. I don't know a fraction what Jason does and still managed to talk Caleb's ear off on the topic from Moynock to Carmel.

(I mean you know this already, I'm sure, but I can imagine your comments section is about to blow up from folks who don't know anything about the amount of hand labor that goes into a bespoke 1911 catching wind of the price tag. )

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    That's a beauty, Tam. Lots of small differences between that and mine. The Longslides are uncommonly fun to shoot.
    That square triggerguard goes well with the longslide. Schweet gat!

We are diminished
    (I mean you know this already, I'm sure, but I can imagine your comments section is about to blow up from folks who don't know anything about the amount of hand labor that goes into a bespoke 1911 catching wind of the price tag. )
    Over 100 hours of bench work for this gun. Doesn't include testing, developing a new sight, experimenting with 9mm magazine options to find the best available, more than a dozen hours of talking on the phone and trading emails (not just with me but also with SLG the person who made all the arrangements while I was in a hospital sucking my thumb through anxiety attacks), range time verifying zero & reliability...

Over 100 hours of bench work for this gun.
    Oh, I believe it. (Heck, most folks have no idea how much time just a basic job like hand-checkering a frontstrap takes.)

User Tag List