Page 40 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

We are diminished
    Have to? No.
    Want to? Yes.

Jason, the guys at Caspian who provided the frame & slide, and the guys at Wilson who provided most of the internals all seem pretty confident that 50k will be a walk in the park. I want to prove them right. Because bro love.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Sadly not mine.

Hoag/Auto Shop longslide. A friend let me borrow it for a couple weeks, which... I'm not gonna lie, it's a rare gun that I'll just sit there and contemplate for the better part of an hour, but this thing was beautifully done.

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's on my lotto list.
    3/15/2016

Lots of nice pics on here as of late. JAD and the MARS, Janitor and his collection, and Tam's longslide pic is a beauty.

I haven't purchased a 1911 in a long while but recently I found a 70 Series Colt at a pawn shop. Since it had been messed with a little bit, the price was very fair.

As purchased:

I took off the silly trigger guard attachment and replaced the extended slide stop, then blinged it up with some grips that a friend gave me. Eventually I would like to find some wood grips with the Colt medallion. It had a shok buff kit in it but that was removed even though it shot fine with 3 mags of ball ammo.

I am probably going to put a 10-8 or similar National Match rear sight on it next then go shoot it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    A recent and amazing gift from SLG & JulieG two wonderful friends: a Jason Burton Heirloom Precision 9mm Commander.

I was originally going to name it 9X19-Caliber but now that I've taken a hundred unusable photos I've decided to call it Dustmagnet.

Custom SME holster by John Ralston of 5 Shot Leather.

Custom grips by David Barnes of VCD Grips.
    Very nice Todd! Are those Magpul grips which have been "VCD'ed" ?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Very nice Todd! Are those Magpul grips which have been "VCD'ed" ?
    I haven't the foggiest idea. He sent them, I put them on, they're awesome, end of story.

Todd, can you give us a detail gun-nerd breakdown about the gun? Maybe in its own thread or something?

SLG and JulieG are a class act. My friends give me stuff sometimes...mostly bruises and adult situations that make my wife angry.

We are diminished
    MD7305: I will. It's a little complicated because I was the guy who originally spec'd the gun but SLG ran point actually getting it made. And since I'm not really a 1911 nerd (merely an aspiring 1911 nerd) there are probably cool touches & features that go right over my head. I've actually been looking through threads on 1911forum to figure out what people like pictures of.

Jason, the guys at Caspian who provided the frame & slide, and the guys at Wilson who provided most of the internals all seem pretty confident that 50k will be a walk in the park. I want to prove them right. Because bro love.
    Well, rock on. I share their confidence -- nothing about the Combat Commander configuration takes away from the durability of a steel 1911 that I know of. Take pictures and stuff.

Site Supporter
    MD7305: I will. It's a little complicated because I was the guy who originally spec'd the gun but SLG ran point actually getting it made. And since I'm not really a 1911 nerd (merely an aspiring 1911 nerd) there are probably cool touches & features that go right over my head. I've actually been looking through threads on 1911forum to figure out what people like pictures of.
    Well, I would be supremely confident that Jason has expertly tuned the flange gap...

We like photos of timed grip screws.

User Tag List