Page 37 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    How much was that amazing pistol
    A tad over $3300. (CQB price + mag well + ambi safety + tritium sight)

I don't guess I should have been surprised by the accuracy given that the gun apparently comes with a 1" guarantee.

A friend of mine runs the sales operation at Colonial Shooting Academy in Richmond. I was down there with another friend who ran the marathon and we stopped in to say hi and look at a series 80 Colt he had gotten in on consignment. While there we were happily talking 1911s and he had just gotten this CQB in that he'd ordered more than two years prior.

The combination of factors proved to be too much and by that evening I was committed to buying this Wilson and I was busy throwing stuff up on Gunbroker like a madman.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-11-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    A tad over $3300. (CQB price + mag well + ambi safety + tritium sight)

I don't guess I should have been surprised by the accuracy given that the gun apparently comes with a 1" guarantee.

A friend of mine runs the sales operation at Colonial Shooting Academy in Richmond. I was down there with another friend who ran the marathon and we stopped in to say hi and look at a series 80 Colt he had gotten in on consignment. While there we were happily talking 1911s and he had just gotten this CQB in that he'd ordered more than two years prior.

The combination of factors proved to be too much and by that evening I was committed to buying this Wilson and I was busy throwing stuff up on Gunbroker like a madman.
    I mentioned to my wife last weekend as we pulled into the road we live on. That quite honestly, if we didn't have all of this ban non-sense fairly regularly. I'd sell all the guns that I hadn't shot in the last 2-3 years and buy a high end 1911 and simplify my weapons. Arsenal SGL21, DW CBOB, heck maybe my Midlength BCM, and all of the stripped lowers I have. I hold onto these things for our children (I'm finishing college now, but after college we want kids). I'm half considering acquiring another Complete Lower Assembly and filing the paperwork for another SBR before the May ruling on 41P.

How simple would things be if I owned one rifle, one or two handguns (Glock 19 for carry and 1911 for fun/carry), and bought a reloading rig. Living afraid of the next thing to come is no way to live, but that's pretty philosophical for a picture thread. She's a beauty TC. I think you've made the right choice.

My submission, a 10-8 Performance Nighthawk.
    I was really worried about the Dawson rail creating issues for holsters, but with my JRC holsters and some JM Custom Kydex as well as a Safariland 6004 for 1911 w/M6 light(fits the X300U great) and all my worries were unfounded. Now I'm not sure what I'd do if I was to buy a 2nd 1911 with a proper 1913 rail, none of my holsters would work.

I need to start taking pics when I'm at the range, I never think about it, but the lack of natural light is killing my pics.

Novak Colt S.80 / X300U

Bought an old Bianchi Chapman Hi-Ride. I love old leather, even though I have little use for them

Decided I wanted to spend some quality time with a 1911 this coming year so I picked up a basic XSE. Only a couple hundred rounds through it to date, but I'm definitely liking it so far. I've changed the grips, added a magwell and I'll be changing the rear sight out once I get my vise set up on my work bench, but I otherwise plan on keeping it relatively stock and just shooting the heck out of it.

Name:  Colt-XSE-e1419344470196.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  60.0 KB

And yes, I am a horrible photographer, but in my own defense, the only camera I have is on my phone.

Janitor....I am jealous. Nice old rig, I loved those.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  41.5 KB

After a two and a bit year wait this finally arrived...
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

So another rig showed up, a Rogers steel challenge for a comp gun. My Boland is too long, but my Hoag Longslide fits it nicely.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    That's all kinds of sexy.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List