Page 273 of 307 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Number two (from the top) looks best to me.

#3 is the eye grabber for me.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

#2 or #4 for me (Because the colors look happiest in these variants. The varying brightness/shadows in #4 are interesting, am not sure if it's a plus or minus.)

PS:
    Looked at it again:
    #2 (looks somehow more correct/professional).
    Last edited by P30; 07-06-2022 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Not a super special custom gun but I love it! It's a Colt CCG with some changes. I found it on a "for sale" forum several years ago and subjected my family to two four-hour (ish) drives to go do the private party paperwork in San Deigo. In CA we get to wait ten days to pick up a gun. I'm a huge fan of having no front serrations, vertical rear serrations, a ring hammer with a beavertail, short trigger, and Novak sights. It's a 90s classic custom look to me... The guns I grew up reading about. I'm thinking it's going to be my companion on a really big important (and very much life-changing) trip in the next couple weeks.

So... back to getting the gun... we're on our way back from the pickup and I decide to do some function checks and immediately notice the scant safety. UGGGHHH! In my excitement reading the add I thought the seller had said the gun came (like...from the factory) with a ring hammer. Instead, he was saying he had installed a Colt ring hammer. The factory CCG had the skeletonized modern style version. A new hammer often requires a new safety. Ok... Don't freak out... not that big of a deal. My department's Senior Armorer is more than the title... He's a very good pistol smith and likes to build 1911s. He replaced the safety with a Wilson Combat version (my preferred due to the beveling at the rear of the safety) and threw in a short trigger at the same time as well. It's reliable, accurate, and the only thing I'd like to do in the future is add a front sight with a gold bead just because.

The guitar background is a Fender Stratocaster Professional II that my wife bought me a bit over a year ago. It's a way better guitar than I deserve, but man it plays great.

American Professional solid ash Stratocaster?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    American Professional solid ash Stratocaster?
    It’s an American Professional II and I think it’s alder but it sounds great and plays like mad. I wasn’t so into the tortoise shell pick guard which made me hesitate and I ended up playing it a couple times before we bought it. Kind of fell in love with the whole look during the process and now I’m not changing anything!

I have pretty much the same guitar and it’s incredible. Great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Jim Clark senior built .38 Special 6" longslide completed in 1970.
    As a fella that's owned a few Clark Meltdowns (commander EDCs) + starting shooting @ Clark's when they moved to there current location in the '90s, how long have you had it & any other Clark guns?

Oh man, can I please ask for pics of those Meltdowns, and for your thoughts? I've got a dedicated .22 Kart that has passed through Clark's hands twice now, but I've never handled a Meltdown, or even seen one outside of the old gun rags.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Oh man, can I please ask for pics of those Meltdowns, and for your thoughts? I've got a dedicated .22 Kart that has passed through Clark's hands twice now, but I've never handled a Meltdown, or even seen one outside of the old gun rags.
    Sorry but no pics. as those 2 got sold long ago when I stepped down from carrying the Man Gun (Pat coined), guess we'll have to discuss them in '23 @ the Stoeger/Park class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I will get pics of mine to ya soon.....I have Officers frame with Commander slide. Lightweight Government and Officers model.......CYA Mike
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List