Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3061

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Site Supporter
    Springfield Armory Professional Operator

Name:  SA_Pro_Op.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  48.3 KB

Looks great!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Springfield Armory Professional Operator

Name:  SA_Pro_Op.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  48.3 KB
    Just gorgeous, color me jelly.

My grumpy, get off my lawn, brain says f' a bunch of Springfield for glued extractors and shady political shite...but my heart desperately wants one of these. Sooner or later, I'm gonna have to scratch this itch.

Site Supporter
    That was the FBI SWAT/HRT Gun with the USMS SOG piggie backing off the contract for years. Not surprisingly many local agencies figured good enough for the Bureau good enough for us and bought them as well.

As Hilton Yam of 10-8 Forum etc fame stated on multiple occasions- SF with the Pro had more guns in hard use duty situations than any other brand/model for years.

1. Good Mags
    2. Well lubed in the right places
    3. Quality full powered brass cases ammo
    4. Make sure extractor is not chipped and no crud behind it and they will run and run and run.
    5. On the off chance there is an issue SF will make it right in a matter of days/weeks, not months/years

That pistol is simply all kinds of sexy hawt.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

SACS .45 that started life as a "Marksman" model. The SACS certificate of authenticity is signed by Les Baer - supposedly built and test fired by him but later on SACS changed the verbiage under the signature to indicate that the signee was simply director of the custom shop, so I doubt he personally worked on the gun. Later on it made its way back to SACS for additional custom work. Not everything on the gun is 100% to my taste but so far it seems to be a decently well built gun.

Name:  IMG_20220424_145030.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  23.5 KB
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 04-24-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    My grumpy, get off my lawn, brain says f' a bunch of Springfield for glued extractors and shady political shite...but my heart desperately wants one of these. Sooner or later, I'm gonna have to scratch this itch.
    FYI and I'm not sure how much it matters, but the ejector on my gun is pinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    FYI and I'm not sure how much it matters, but the ejector on my gun is pinned.
    On a pro? What about the Range Officers, etc?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I'll check my recently manufactured non-Pro Operator when I get a minute.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    That was the FBI SWAT/HRT Gun with the USMS SOG piggie backing off the contract for years. Not surprisingly many local agencies figured good enough for the Bureau good enough for us and bought them as well.

As Hilton Yam of 10-8 Forum etc fame stated on multiple occasions- SF with the Pro had more guns in hard use duty situations than any other brand/model for years.

1. Good Mags
    2. Well lubed in the right places
    3. Quality full powered brass cases ammo
    4. Make sure extractor is not chipped and no crud behind it and they will run and run and run.
    5. On the off chance there is an issue SF will make it right in a matter of days/weeks, not months/years

That pistol is simply all kinds of sexy hawt.
    DEA SRT authorized them as well. I know because my now retired DEA buddy is kicking himself for not buying one via the DOJ agency individual officer program when he had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    My RO Elite is pinned.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List