Page 260 of 308 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3074

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Nice! Was that issued to you or just your first handgun purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Nice! Was that issued to you or just your first handgun purchase?
    That made me chuckle when I read it!

This old 1902 Military Colt .38 is quite a cool piece of hardware. When you handle it, you can see how the design evolved into the 1911/A1 that we all know and love.

Plus it has one or two rather unique features. I should probably take some updated pics and do a thread. It is a very neat old piece of history.

That big old chunk of steel it rests on is another interesting piece as well. A World War 2 USMC bolo machete. I can see how easily one could chop through whatever one needed with a piece such as that.

Cross posted in the leather gear, but...

This is my 1973 Colt Lightweight Commander.

I wanted a small lettering Colt and searched for a long time to find one in proper shape before I came across this one. Funny thing, it required me buying another one initially. However, I discovered it was a first year production Colt and in immaculate shape. I did not want to customize such a unicorn, so I stuck it in my safe and went back to searching for another early Colt, when I found this old gun, complete with a J Frame S&W rear sight. The work done on it was/is exceptional.

Me coming into this thread whenever I see Lost River has posted in it:

Name:  1081A5F1-8C7A-43E3-964F-345ED8126A1A.jpeg
Views: 877
Size:  23.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

I wanted a small lettering Colt and searched for a long time to find one in proper shape before I came across this one. Funny thing, it required me buying another one initially. However, I discovered it was a first year production Colt and in immaculate shape. I did not want to customize such a unicorn, so I stuck it in my safe and went back to searching for another early Colt, when I found this old gun, complete with a J Frame S&W rear sight. The work done on it was/is exceptional.
    Dayumm,
    That's sexy
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Looks more like a K Frame rear sight to me in this picture, but it looks great!

Chuck Rogers
    www.RogersPrecision.com
    Cheap-Fast-Good............pick any two.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolwrench View Post

Be still my heart.

Here, take my kidney. Please.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Saved from page 2

Name:  B05EC104-BDDF-409C-BF2B-645639C5E04A.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  101.3 KB

User Tag List