Page 251 of 307 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3063

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Those VCD grips are certainly something else, hey?

My pair is black, it’s cool to see a white pair.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Those VCD grips are certainly something else, hey?

My pair is black, it’s cool to see a white pair.
    Its weird, because I got them a long while ago and wasn't a huge fan at first, but the more I play with them now, the more I like them.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hunting on veterans day
    Name:  IMG_20211111_150323.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  45.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  Colt_Classics.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  63.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Love that classic 2-tone!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    A man of sophistication and culture, I see, being a fellow Colt Fanboi myself

Holster wear on the muzzle.

Name:  20211130_080639.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  52.3 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Just picked up one of these, a Colt Custom Carry Limited:

Name:  IMG_1196-cropped.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  101.2 KB

As the current hotness is 9mm, it's in 9mm...beautifully done.

The thumb safety comes down a tiny bit lower than you'd expect a true custom job to have, but that's a serious nit pick and not something I'd normally even notice or care about...this is the only flaw I can find:

Name:  IMG_1200-cropped.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  42.8 KB

The crown on the barrel is fantastic:

Name:  IMG_1202-cropped.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  25.7 KB

This is my 2nd bite at the 9mm Commander apple, and since it's presumably gotten a bunch more attention from Colt before shipping...I have higher hopes for this one.

The Chen magwell is beautifully done; on the upside, flush fitting 9 round mags sink into it and disappear flush; it's great that it works with all mags and not just ones with extended baseplates. On the downside...those Wilson 10 round ETM/Vickers mags...those stick out quite a bit more than they would in a "normal" magwell. They'll be really easy to yank out, but...yeah.

Here's an ETM-V fully seated:

Name:  IMG_1212-cropped.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  82.5 KB

I think my only other nit pick would be that the barrel bushing is unnecessarily difficult to turn, with or without a barrel in (my understanding is it's a hard / match fit barrel, so the bushing should only ever be moved when the gun is out of battery). You basically need a wrench to move the bushing after you've taken the slide off and taken it out of battery, and then for sure need a wrench that'll hold down the plunger as you push the slide out of battery when it's assembled, to twist the bushing back to lock it. Maybe it'll wear in, but IMO that's a little unnecessary...but, whatever. I'll live with it.

I had one other 9mm 1911 (A Colt Combat Elite Commander) that had really 3 failings...firstly, it couldn't pass a 10-8 extractor test without some work to the extractor (honestly probably fitting a new one); it wasn't dehorned at all and would cut you if you tried to go for a quick draw/presentation; and, it didn't like to feed from factory mags...it really only wanted to work from Wilson ETMs.

I don't know about the first and 3rd issues on this one yet, but this one has been pretty well dehorned, at least the frame anyway. I can quickly sink my hand into it and not scrape all the flesh off of my middle finger when it brushes across the undercut at the trigger guard. Huge plus right there. I've got a handful of Wilson mags, the two factory mags this one came with, and another 4 Metalforms (who make Colt's factory mags anyway)...we'll see how it does come feeding time at the range.

Edited to add - I just reminded myself, I need to check to see how much clearance there is between seated mags and the ejector...a light just dinged on in my head that this could be an issue in 9mm Colts
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 12-03-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    @Evil_Ed -- I have one of those as well, and it's a 9mm.

It's a very nicely done pistol, and I put maybe 700 trouble-free rounds through mine. The thing I'm not crazy about is that the Series 80 trigger could have been tuned a little better at the Custom Shop. It's not bad, but is nothing like the trigger on my Special Combat Government which is also a S80.

Congrats on a super nice pistol though.

Name:  3012F9FC-46A4-4075-A918-B0DD2C62E7B7.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  92.7 KB

User Tag List